This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Idolmaster One For All [BLJS10260]
Goes ingame with broken graphics on recent master build v0.0.1-9916f0e5 (PR #2326).

LLE used
Code:
- libac3dec.prx
    - libac3dec2.prx
    - libadec.prx
    - libapostsrc_mini.prx
    - libat3dec.prx
    - libatrac3plus.prx
    - libatxdec.prx
    - libdmux.prx
    - libdmuxpamf.prx
    - libfiber.prx
    - libgifdec.prx
    - libjpgdec.prx
    - libl10n.prx
    - libpamf.prx
    - libpngdec.prx
    - libresc.prx
    - librtc.prx
    - libsail.prx
    - libsail_avi.prx
    - libsail_rec.prx
    - libsjvtd.prx
    - libsmvd2.prx
    - libsmvd4.prx
    - libspurs_jq.prx
    - libsre.prx

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Using rpcs3-v0.0.2-2017-03-22-3bfe17a1_win64

PPU Decoder:
Interpreter (fast)

SPU Decoder
Interpreter (fast)

Graphics:
OpenGL
1280x720

Libraries Used:
Nothing checked, "Load Required Libraries" Checked

In Graphics -> Settings, I had Read/Write Color Buffers Checked, and Read/Write Depth Buffers Checked.
I probably only needed "Write Color Buffers" checked, as having only it checked did not change the results.
However... NOT having "Write Color Buffers" checked gives only a black screen with textboxes, and no background or character models.

See video, log file was taken during recording:

The game plays in the upper-half of the screen, and some music is missing. The character models won't move, and you can't record inputs during the concert/training/audition portions. It throws out some errors while trying to load certain outfits as well. Also, SPU Recompiler ASMJIT doesn't seem to change the results.

Still "Ingame" only, but looks like progress?
Logfile at 5MB was too big for attachment...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5ata5mwpz...3_imas.zip
Looks exactly the same like the PSN version then.
In the newest version (rpcs3-v0.0.2-2017-06-13-594fdffd_win64), checking "Write Color Buffers" no longer works. All the in-game screens are black no matter what settings are selected, and won't show any in-game on the top half of the screen like it did before.

It now looks like it did earlier on BlackDaemon's screenshots.

Log attached.

Attached Files
.zip   RPCS3.zip (Size: 600 KB / Downloads: 80)
Can you retest with latest build?
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
^
I just tried it on the lastest build, and noticed why it didn't work on the build from 2 weeks ago. It was my mistake.

I didn't notice that RPCS3 defaulted with "Use GPU texture scaling" checked. Having that checked prevents the game from rendering anything except the text boxes and main menu. All the in-game 3D scenes and 2D backgrounds are all black. Unchecking "Use GPU texture scaling" and having "Write Color Buffers" checked allows the game to still render in the top-half of the screen (at a very poor framerate), like in my video from March.

Also, the new default option on the new build, "Invalidate cache every frame" seems to have no effect. I didn't notice a difference with it off or on.

Logfile attached from latest build.

Attached Files
.zip   RPCS3.zip (Size: 1.5 MB / Downloads: 79)
It does. If you toggle Invalidate cache every frame off you'll break a lot of games.
Game works and renders that half-window with Vulkan and both PPU and SPU Recompilers if you enable Strict Rendering Mode. Performance is pretty much the same, if not a little worse than what was shown in zeroyon04's video three-ish months ago.

Write Color Buffers still has to be enabled, though Use GPU Texture Scaling can be left on if using Vulkan. Interestingly, if both OpenGL and Use GPU Texture Scaling are on, performance in menus and 2D sections shoots through the roof and locks at 60, but then the game goes back to only rendering menus and the dialogue window.

Attached a log file just before the game loads 3D models for the first time as no more red seems to show up after that. I can make a video but it would be almost identical to the one already in the thread, save for the difference in decoders and renderer used.

Attached Files
.rar   RPCS3.rar (Size: 263.19 KB / Downloads: 78)
GPU Texture Scaling doesn't exist on Vulkan render yet, therefore won't have an effect there.