This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ys Seven - JAP - ULJM05475
OK, I tested it with the savegame and I can confirm it shows a black screen after using the elevator. This only happens if I use the Shaders. Without shaders the picture is OK (at least for me).

gid15: What log settings should I use to get the proper log?
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(12-26-2012, 08:51 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: OK, I tested it with the savegame and I can confirm it shows a black screen after using the elevator. This only happens if I use the Shaders. Without shaders the picture is OK (at least for me).

You can try to enable the "CheckErrorsProxy" in the source code. If no error is logged, then a complete capture of one frame when the screen is black is necessary (in Debugger -> Misc -> Capture next frame).
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(12-26-2012, 10:15 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(12-26-2012, 08:51 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: OK, I tested it with the savegame and I can confirm it shows a black screen after using the elevator. This only happens if I use the Shaders. Without shaders the picture is OK (at least for me).

You can try to enable the "CheckErrorsProxy" in the source code. If no error is logged, then a complete capture of one frame when the screen is black is necessary (in Debugger -> Misc -> Capture next frame).

CheckErrorsProxy showed no errors.

Attached Files
.7z   ys7jap-r2946-framecapture.7z (Size: 1.05 MB / Downloads: 92)
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
It looks like the application is rendering the scene correctly and then clears the whole image at the very end... so, this is no error in the rendering, but somehow the application thinks it has to display a black screen.

Are you sure the problem is not showing when disabling shaders? From the screen capture, it should display a black screen whether shaders are enabled or not.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Death certain. See screenshots.

Before and after activating the switch (plus a accidentally lead player switch)

Care to change your opinion on what that hardest game to emulate is? Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-27-2012, 10:21 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: Death certain. See screenshots.

Could you also take a frame capture with shaders disabled? I would like to check if the final "black" screen rendering is also present.

Brandish has exactly the same problem when playing the "new game" video Wink
(12-27-2012, 10:26 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(12-27-2012, 10:21 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: Death certain. See screenshots.

Could you also take a frame capture with shaders disabled? I would like to check if the final "black" screen rendering is also present.

Brandish has exactly the same problem when playing the "new game" video Wink

Yeah, in a way. But then again, in Brandish the movie doesn't show with "software", no shaders, shaders

Attached Files
.7z   ys7jap-r2946-framecapture-noshaders.7z (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 95)