This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters [BLUS31474]
Build: rpcs3-ReleaseLLVM-6c189511

PPU(Precise) SPU(Fast)

LLE: libresc, librtc, libspurs_jq, libsre

Render: D3D12

The image flickers like crazy on D3D12 but on openGL its just a black screen forever. Can't see any UI or menu or text, some backgrounds are also not seen only the characters(as seen on my third image). Sound is pretty smooth though most of the time. It's at 30fps most of the time.

I don't know how to post log I just copy pasted the log from emulator, is there any file I have to upload?? Sorry am dumb.
http://pastebin.com/ZnAugTAA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You need to upload the RPCS3.log file as the consoleish display on the emulator doesn't show the complete log
.zip it first though
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Okay I did it.

Attached Files
.rar   RPCS3.rar (Size: 46.79 KB / Downloads: 69)
rpcs3-v0.0.1-2017-02-16-ce1738cf_win64

Flickering issue is still there but all the missing graphics from before have appeared.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Spent some hours testing the game today;

PPU and SPU recompilers, OpenGL, version 0.0.2-5393-726ec274 Alpha.

The game works almost completely. No visual flickering in the visual novel sections or battles in OpenGL, though the problem is evident on Vulkan. There does seem to be an exception: the first ghost hunt of the game blacks out the screen when the characters are about to do combat, though text will still appear normally. This may be the case for more battles in the game but the second one seemed to work properly:

Either way, this didn't seem to impede progress.

Framerate tends to hang around 20-25 on OpenGL (OBS is probably taking its share of it on these recordings), and a very nice 30 on Vulkan. Saving is technically possible, but it's sketchy: saving on any file causes the game to spit an error message on boot that your saves are corrupted and must be deleted. To solve this, you have to copy your saves out of the folder they're stored, delete everything in it, boot the game so it'll create new files, close out of the emulator, then paste the files you've just taken out of the save folder back into it, overwriting when prompted. The game will then boot properly and let you load your saves.

Apart from that, it was a very nice experience. All the choices and moments where you have to input text seem to work correctly, everything renders properly sans for those battle animations, audio is fine and almost pop-free, and the drop in framerate doesn't really seem like a big deal on this one, since you're mostly reading text as you play.

- "Write color buffers" must be checked if using the OpenGL renderer, or the game will output nothing but black.

- Trying to enable some debugger options can cause the emulator to straight-up hang randomly after a couple of minutes of playtime. Any sounds and music from the game will keep playing normally but the application will stop responding. Included a log for this on the dropbox link below.

- The sound is completely desynced, as it doesn't seem affected by framerate. This is very apparent in fights and cutscenes especially. It looks like this is mostly a performance issue though and someone else with a better processor might fare better than me on this.

- When the game prompts you to save for the first time, a blank error message will pop up. This does not show up in OBS's capture or viewport, so I've taken a screenshot of it:

https://puu.sh/wA8Iq/dcf8e0d884.png

Hitting OK lets you save normally, but if the emulator window is not in focus (like in my recording), the message will not pop up and you will not be able to bring it to front no matter what you do, the only way to get rid of it is to close the entire emulator, though the game keeps going even if you ignore it. This message doesn't show up when you're saving in the gate keepers office.

- Included also a log for the entire session in the first video, right up until the game asks you to save for the first time, and for the second battle as well. I had to put this on dropbox however, since the log generated by the emulator crashing is enormous:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twj0r9zhqojrwq...s.zip?dl=0

- If you switch to PPU Interpreter, "Invalidate Cache Every Frame" has to be disabled or the game will output black. Performance is largely the same and this does not remedy the problem present in the first ghost hunt of the game.

I can do more tests/post logs of the game running with specific options if required.