This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Demon's Souls [BLES00932]
So it seems that this thread is still alive, but anyway.
The game starts normaly and when the actual gameplay starts it runs at about 20-30ish fps not many problems. After using the first archstone the game goes blurry (see screenshot 1) and the fps drops to about 15ish. PPU Decoder is Interpreter (fast). Now depending on what SPU decoder i use different things happen. When i used Recompiler (ASMJIT) the screen goes crazy a minute or 2 after the screen gets blurry (see screenshot 2 and 3). I lasted to the Vanguard and then the game crashed. When i used Interpreter (fast) the game still went blurry at the same spot, but the screen didnt go crazy until the bossfight where it crashed again. For interpreter (precise) same blurriness and the game also went crazy at the boss fight, but it didnt crash. After killing the Vanguard i just went to the next area normaly where you pick up a few materials and the dragon god fists you. But then the game got stuck in a loading screen after i died.

I cant post the log file cause its too big.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You need PPU LLVM otherwise speed will be slow.

Vulkan usually looks worse then OpenGL, which one did you use?
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
(06-02-2017, 03:35 PM)Annie Wrote: You need PPU LLVM otherwise speed will be slow.

Vulkan usually looks worse then OpenGL, which one did you use?

I use OpenGL, will now try with PPU LLVM to see how that works out, so will give feedback soon.
So now after setting the PPU LLVM, the game just randomly freezes 1-2 minutes after i start playing
The game occasionally freezes on loading screens. Its much worse with LLVM but all options are affected to some extent. Depth of Field is broken after the first archstone with both opengl and vulkan. The effect is a little too strong on vulkan, causing the game to look blurry, but this is a metabug affecting multiple titles. With OpenGL the effect is almost entirely missing, making it look much sharper everywhere else other than the vanguard area.
So should i try my luck and see how far i can get, or will the game stabilize after the vanguard perhaps, or should i wait for more updates?
Also is it possible that my PC simply isnt strong enough to handle it and that could be causing the random crashes?
Random hanging on loading screens happens for everyone. Also the sound thread eventually dies which then causes the game to hang some time later. So don't try to seriously play it yet, you won't be able to.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Also quick note, the character model tearing seems to come from this hole on the characters bare chest. When i put on any armor it stops tearing and breaking all over the screen.

Edit: So i switched to Vulkan instead of OpenGL and the game runs flat out better performance wise. I got past the Vanguard no problem, but it still gets stuck on the loading screen thats after the dragon god.
Also here is the log file if that helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   RPCS3.rar (Size: 847.35 KB / Downloads: 112)
I don't have a ps3 and have no real intention to buy one but really wanna play this. Is it worth trying to play the full game using rpcs or should I wait for now?
It's too slow for now.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)