This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Terraria [NPEB01270]
Mod edit 2017-01-22: Now completely playable, on screen keyboard is implemented.

Reaches to gameplay (in tutorial). When you try to create a character, outputs:
Code:
·F {PPU[0x70000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x005a5020]} class std::runtime_error thrown: Unimplemented
(in file C:\rpcs3\rpcs3\Emu\Cell\Modules\cellOskDialog.cpp:53)

Tested in 2d9e02b.

Core

PPU: Interpreter (fast)
SPU: Interpreter (fast)

LLE Modules
- libresc.prx
- librtc.prx
- libspurs_jq.prx
- libsre.prx

Graphics

- Vulkan
- 1280x720
- Auto (Frame limit)
- VSync

Audio

- XAudio2

Note: With this configuration, it appears:
Code:
·F {SPU[0x39] Thread (audiCellSpursKernel3) [0x00818]} class std::runtime_error thrown: Unknown STOP code: 0x0 (Out_MBox is empty)
(in file C:\rpcs3\rpcs3\Emu\Cell\SPUThread.cpp:1387)

Click on Resume and emulation continues.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   Log Terraria 11-1-17 VK.rar (Size: 48.02 KB / Downloads: 212)
Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 (OpenGL, DirectX12 & Vulkan), Windows 10
Laptop: Intel Core i3-4030U, Nvidia GeForce 820M (OpenGL only), Windows 8.1
It needs the OSK (On Screen Keyboard) for entering a character name. That is the keyboard provided by the PS3 OS.

It would probably not be too difficult to hack together something that just returns "hello world" back to the game but not sure how a real implementation would look like... Probably just displaying a normal text field with wxwidgets I guess.

Also, nice frame rate there even with the interpreters.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(01-11-2017, 02:54 PM)ssshadow Wrote: It needs the OSK (On Screen Keyboard) for entering a character name. That is the keyboard provided by the PS3 OS.

It would probably not be too difficult to hack together something that just returns "hello world" back to the game but not sure how a real implementation would look like... Probably just displaying a normal text field with wxwidgets I guess.

Also, nice frame rate there even with the interpreters.

I've created a file called OskDialog.cpp, which contains only the GUI of text dialog. At least, basics.

Edit: I also created OskDialog.h, which you can find both files in my GitHub's
repository.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 (OpenGL, DirectX12 & Vulkan), Windows 10
Great, I was actually planning to attempt something simple to get Nier going but looks like you are going to do it properly with a GUI and everything. Keep it up!

If you want I can attempt to do something about the "backend" cellOskDialog.cpp but you may be able to do a better job.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(01-13-2017, 03:34 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Great, I was actually planning to attempt something simple to get Nier going but looks like you are going to do it properly with a GUI and everything. Keep it up!

If you want I can attempt to do something about the "backend" cellOskDialog.cpp but you may be able to do a better job.

Yes, it's better that you do that.
I can happily say that with cellOsk now stubbed this game looks to be 100 % completely perfectly emulated, in fact with the LLVM PPU recompiler it goes even further than that as it actually has drastically faster loading times than a real PS3 (!). Yes, perfect and stable 60 fps at 1920x1080 with faster loading times than a real PS3. Not bad :p

So this thread can be moved to playable now.

Settings: PPU and SPU recompiler, 1920x1080 OpenGL and LLE libresc, libsre, libspurs_jq.
I want to improve a few more things but it's getting there:

(01-19-2017, 11:21 PM)ssshadow Wrote: I want to improve a few more things but it's getting there:
Great !
is OSK Complete Working ?
(01-19-2017, 11:39 PM)aakh1361 Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 11:21 PM)ssshadow Wrote: I want to improve a few more things but it's getting there:
Great !
is OSK Complete Work ?

There are a lot of "useless" functions like adding custom dictionaries, changing the color of the OSK window and so on. These can be ignored in practice for now at least. In fact I think everything not implemented now can be ignored, not that there is any way to test.

There is also some character encoding hell going on so non latin characters just become garbage in game. This is more important.
Not all games support all languages (in fact most don't), but special Latin characters like åäöèáü... work in Terraria and I can get at least Russian, Japanese, traditional & simplified Chinese in Nier. Would like to test other languages like Thai, Hindi or Arabic (which is even right to left) but no games seem to support them.

I would really like to play a game with ಠ_ಠ as my character name...