This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metal Gear Solid 4 (newbie question)
So, I'm new to the field of PS3 emulators and getting rpcs3 working and whatnot since I just downloaded it today. So I'm aware that not many games are supported yet and that this is an open source emulator but I had a question regarding a certain game: Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots. I saw a thread that said it was loadable, but since I have no clue what I'm doing or how to interpret a bunch of these posts, I was wondering if support came out for it yet. I saw a tutorial on how to do the basic setup, but after that I'm unsure if it's something I'm doing or there's no support for it yet. I've recorded a video that shows the log that it posts and a picture of the LLE files I've enabled.
Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.
MGS 4 does not work and the term loadable doesn't mean anything anymore.

A complex game like MGS 4 will likely be one of the very last games to even start up in rpcs3.

There are only 20 games that are considered playable, 19 of these are very simple: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=195
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)