This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
Catherine [BLUS30428]
Update 2017-07-16 Graphics and performance are flawless with Vulkan on a fast CPU. Use ASMJIT + LLVM. Enable strict rendering mode if text is partially missing.

The game is surely playable from beginning to end, multiple levels and parts of the game were tested, including cutscenes (in engine and pre rendered), gameplay, music, saving & loading...

Attached Files
.7z   Catherine 40 min.7z (Size: 787.76 KB / Downloads: 1,066)
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Build problem first set aside,OpenGL graphics problem is more serious, vulkan / dx12 slightly better
vullkan
(10-21-2016, 07:13 PM)Rain_Kikyou Wrote: Build problem first set aside,OpenGL graphics problem is more serious, vulkan / dx12 slightly better

Wow, it would be perfect if half the screen wasn't missing. Github is under a DDOS attack right now so I cant provide a renderdoc log but hopefully it's an easy fix.

Also the reason it wasn't working for you in the master build was only one single missing LLE module. I don't remember exactly which one, but check my list above.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
I just noticed that the PPU LLVM recompiler is actually working here. Overall it speeds up the game by about 20-30 % for me. Nothing major, but very nice nonetheless.
(10-23-2016, 12:33 PM)ssshadow Wrote: I just noticed that the PPU LLVM recompiler is actually working here. Overall it speeds up the game by about 20-30 % for me. Nothing major, but very nice nonetheless.
can use llvm?
l try to use llvm in the master build,but failure as Git on the picture
(10-23-2016, 12:47 PM)Rain_Kikyou Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 12:33 PM)ssshadow Wrote: I just noticed that the PPU LLVM recompiler is actually working here. Overall it speeds up the game by about 20-30 % for me. Nothing major, but very nice nonetheless.
can use llvm?

Make sure you are using exactly the LLE modules I have listed in the first post. It works for me in the master build.

In your video you forgot libvdec.prx, and maybe more.
(10-23-2016, 01:27 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 12:47 PM)Rain_Kikyou Wrote:
can use llvm?

Make sure you are using exactly the LLE modules I have listed in the first post. It works for me in the master build.

In your video you forgot libvdec.prx, and maybe more.

He can't use LLVM because of Skylake bug

edit: here, latest master with workaround https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Nezarn/r.../artifacts (hopefully it works, im still learning to use git bash lol)
PC: i5-4690K | RX 480 | 16GB RAM
Sorry, can not use llvm is my friend, I tried the next can be used...
but use this build can not work,I have time to try under the master build
ps:Llvm will appear with the same situation as Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Dreamy Theater 2nd

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's a known problem. Your CPU is new and the LLVM version in rpcs3 is very old. It will be fixed soon enough.
(10-25-2016, 08:27 AM)ssshadow Wrote: It's a known problem. Your CPU is new and the LLVM version in rpcs3 is very old. It will be fixed soon enough.

...Will be able to use llvm window can not be used even the window is not,as this picture [Image: 7b52f20c-8309-11e6-8bd9-883cc155d414.png]
ps:
Skylake can be used only slightly under the compiler