This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How much longer???
How much longer till every hardware feature of the PS3 is emulated properly? How much longer till we see more games booting? I mean common, goddamn look at how many games are only loadable.
Loadable = 223
Intro = 313
Half Playable = 157
Playable = 18

The amount of games that are only loadable is ridiculous.
I really love my PS3! I love the amazing game library! But I ain't touched the system to play a game in forever. I'm really holding off on selling my games and system because I hope one day but not forever that i'll be able to play them again and boot them on RPCS3 from my blu-ray drive. But the progress is taking forever, i'm tearing my hair out waiting Sad. I'd love to play Ni No Kuni, 3D Dot Game Hero's, Eternal Sonata, Demon Souls at a resolution higher then ugly 720p.

RPCS3 really needs the level of support that Dolphin Emulator gets. Dolphin Emulator is 99% perfect in my opinion, I wish alot of the people working on Dolphin will seriously help out on RPCS3 development. I feel like RPCS3 will probably meet the same fate as Xeon and Cxbx xbox emulators. I really really don't want that to happen. Shame on Sony for making the PS3 so fucking hard to emulate.

Please RPCS3 developers I really think it will be more wise to seek help from other emulator developers.
Something between a week and 10 years. Comparing Dolphin with rpcs3 is also a bit like comparing apples and oranges.
(09-11-2016, 02:27 AM)LumbeeChief Wrote: i'm tearing my hair out waiting

I'm afraid you are going to be bald soon.

Seriously, I cannot express how difficult it must be to make a PS3 emulator. Its like writing an entire operating system... blindfolded.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
If you can't wait, just PLAY ON YOUR PS3.
PC: i5-4690K | RX 480 | 16GB RAM
(09-11-2016, 08:54 AM)Nezarn Wrote: If you can't wait, just PLAY ON YOUR PS3.

No, I can't bare playing in 720p!

Seriously RPCS3 needs more support! Make a patreon, kickstarter or something!

At this rate the emulator probably won't be fully playable till 2030 or something, well if it ain't dead by then.
(09-14-2016, 07:23 AM)LumbeeChief Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 08:54 AM)Nezarn Wrote: If you can't wait, just PLAY ON YOUR PS3.

No, I can't bare playing in 720p!

Seriously RPCS3 needs more support! Make a patreon, kickstarter or something!

At this rate the emulator probably won't be fully playable till 2030 or something, well if it ain't dead by then.

Then you're just going to have to wait until 2030. Learn the language RPCS3 is being developed in and then the development process yourself if you really want to do anything helpful.

Also Dolphin has an insane amount of problems itself. It's nowhere near 99%.
And also Dolphin has tons of more devs than rpcs3 Big Grin (btw rpcs3 is written in c++)
PC: i5-4690K | RX 480 | 16GB RAM
Happiness is always inadvertently