This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the XMB Bootable yet????
ps3 
I mean I love playing games for the PS3, but I would want to start out on the XMB first, at least. I'm no genius, but with an unbootable XMB, something smells like trouble. Think this might be responsible for a good amount of crashes. I really want to get into the scene, I have no idea where to start. I can write in C# and C++ but have no idea on the emulation world, espiecially when people on this forum are reverse engineering the reality synthesizer.
XMB is not and will not be emulated in the foreseeable feature. It's not required to emulate games while depending on some low-level and hard to emulate-stuff implementing which wouldn't benefit game emulation too.
Mods, please, replace this thread into "General discussion", thanks.
If I helped you, please give the proper reputation.

P.S. sorry, for my terrible english Confused
But would it be possible to boot the XMB in RPCS3?

Also, the Wii Menu/Gamecube BIOS are not required for Dolphin, but they can still be booted.

I guess it's for the sake of maximizing compatibility as much as possible...
(08-12-2016, 06:16 PM)shoopdahoop22 Wrote: But would it be possible to boot the XMB in RPCS3?

It would be only possible if devs would wanna emulate stuff that doesn't even needed for games, so my guess is short answer is no.

If you want XMB, check out ex-rpcs3 dev's (at least i dont see him controbute since long time ago) emulator, from the looks of it it will emulate xmb https://github.com/AlexAltea/nucleus , have fun waiting 10-15 years until it becomes bootable :p
PC: i5-4690K | RX 480 | 16GB RAM