This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we please have a section of the forum for games that do nothing?
ps3 
Xenia lists the games that do nothing:

http://xenia.jp/compatibility/

So why cant we do the same thing here? I think it would help out the developers to have a more complete compatibility list for RPCS3.

Just my idea.
(07-01-2016, 03:38 PM)shoopdahoop22 Wrote: Xenia lists the games that do nothing:

So why cant we do the same thing here? Just my idea.

Well RPCS3 is much more complicated then Xenia. For one all PS3 games are encrypted. I feel like RPCS3 will end up being a failure just like the original xbox emulator that people gave up on. If the devs made it where RPCS3 will be able to read encrypted discs then only then there will be a real reason to have a game compatibility list like Xenia.
Useless because, iirc, developers stated already, that interesting games are those with fps counter, which fall into "Loadable" cathegory.
(07-01-2016, 08:36 PM)ps0ne Wrote: Useless because, iirc, developers stated already, that interesting games are those with fps counter, which fall into "Loadable" cathegory.

I still think it would be helpful to know why the games wont load in the first place.
(07-01-2016, 04:06 PM)LumbeeChief Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 03:38 PM)shoopdahoop22 Wrote: Xenia lists the games that do nothing:

So why cant we do the same thing here? Just my idea.

Well RPCS3 is much more complicated then Xenia. For one all PS3 games are encrypted. I feel like RPCS3 will end up being a failure just like the original xbox emulator that people gave up on. If the devs made it where RPCS3 will be able to read encrypted discs then only then there will be a real reason to have a game compatibility list like Xenia.

There's an issue on GitHub opened about making a game compatibility list.

Reading or not encrypted disks is completely irrelevant to the compatibility list. There's literally nothing both those things have in common.

Also, that's something that will probably be implemented in longterm. RPCS3 just reached v0.0.1, it's still in a very early stage of development.
The project is open source, feel free to help. Or don't, but don't complain about the work people have been doing for free these past years in order to make the emulator what it is today.
There are literally hundreds of things that are still missing, decrypting disks is just one of them.

There are other ways of getting the games rather than ripping them off the DVD via a computer. You can open the game in a real PS3 and then transfer the contents over FTP as far as I'm aware.
I don't have a DVD reader here, let alone a Blu-Ray one, so I'm afraid I can't help you. I have a bunch of PS3 game disks I could try ripping to see what would work.
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux