This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You guys have done it!
ps3 
Hi all, Goood Morning / Good Afternoon / Good Evening wherever you are.

I would just first like to say that I purposely signed up to this forum to congratulate the developers of RCPS3. You guys have made a smashing job on this emulator and I look forward to seeing more develops in the future

Anyway, to the point. I am currently an average gamer. I have always loved video games ever since growing up in the 90s, in fact, even to this day my favourite game of all time is still a point and click adventure game for DOS!

I am in the middle of pricing up a gaming rig. I originally had. 2 - 2.5k budget to spend but after pricing up a monitor and extras, its now over (9000!) £3k. It will be a monster but im happy to spend this as the last time I had a gaming desktop was back in 2005!

My aim is to be able to play the latest games (without spending £300-£500 every few years for the latest games console) on the PC as well as emulate. If any body is able to advise me, but from what I understand an emulator with games running needs to roughly be 10x more powerful than the original console.

The RCPS3 is the final stage I want to hit while emulating my PS3 classics, i've gone through EPSXE, PCS2, Dolphin and a few other nintendo emulators and I have been working out how im going to run them and I think with the specs I have priced up, these will run fine no problem. How long do you think it will be until the RCPS3 is running smoothly? I understand the Cell processor is hard to mimic.
RPCS3 is still a few years away from being able to run a fair amount of games properly.
There are a lot of hacks and inaccuracies made on certain parts of the code that need to be reviewed and properly reverse engineered from an actual PS3.
HLE emulation is extremely incomplete as well.
It heavily depends on the amount of contributors coding into it.

But it will get there one day.
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux