This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A dummy guide, please.
I read the sticky, found some flash files and moved them to the right folder... But all this makes my head spin.

I searched for guides but found none.
Is there a dummy guide?

1. Do this.
1.b Now that.

2. Move A to B
3. Then move C to A

like that.
I thought about making one before, but I don't have access to a PS3 that has CFW, only to one that has OFW so I can't make it more detailed.
After you get the external modules in the folder, you need to decrypt them using the "Boot SELF" option in the emulator (rename the module to .elf, boot it, then back to .prx). After that, the module is ready to be used.
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Why doesnt the emulator contain all necessary files to run it?
Makes no sense.
(06-20-2016, 11:24 PM)ATLW Wrote: Why doesnt the emulator contain all necessary files to run it?
Makes no sense.

It does contain all those files. You can use "as is" to rin simple homebrews and games. LLEing requires modules from official firmware and rpcs3 can't legally be supplied with those. Similar issue as with console BIOS in other emulators.
(06-20-2016, 11:24 PM)ATLW Wrote: Why doesnt the emulator contain all necessary files to run it?
Makes no sense.

Actually it does, and the reason is very simple, think about it this way:

The external modules belong to Sony's PS3 firmware and they are protected by copyright laws.
We here are not allowed by Sony to redistribute those files, therefore it is illegal for us to do so.
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux