This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No games load, problem with "cellLibprof"
ps3 
On both the latest Git releases and Master builds I get errors on all games, ones reported to be working like After Burner Climax and even simple homebrew stuff like PS3DOOM or PS3 Tetris. All games show "LDR: Unknown module 'cellLibprof'".

Another thread says it's from development console firmware, but I don't see why a commercial or homebrew game would require a module/library only found on dev consoles.

Same thing happens on all interpreters and renderers, using these modules http://i.imgur.com/NCbsS5o.png

RPCS3.log http://pastebin.com/2MVZAUcb

I'm using firmware firmware files from 3.55

Any ideas?

An unrelated question: If RPCS3 were able to read files in dev_flash\ps2emu or dev_flash\ps1emu, would it be able to emulate PS2 or would that require the implementation of the emotion engine or similar chip? Because I know the original PS3s included part of the PS2's hardware on it's own mainboard but the later PS3 models rely on emulation software to do most of the work.
cellLibprof is used for debugging, yeah. It's not actually required to run the game, you don't need it.

·E LDR: Unknown function '0xB5D5F64E' in module 'sysPrxForUser' (index 2975)
·F {PPU[0x6] Thread (main_thread) [0x001ce634]} class fmt::exception thrown: Function not registered (index 2975)

I don't think you should load libsysutil

Also don't post results with the recompilers, try with the Interpreters instead.
You should only use the Recompiler if the game already works with the Interpreters, to give it a speed boost.
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux