This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing games problem
Hello,
as the title says i'm finding a lot of problems with the emulator rpcs3.

Don't get me wrong, it's great and i really appreciate the work behind this emulator, it's simply that i don't understand how to use it. Not even with the FAQs.

Probably i'm simply too much a newbie. Afterall i use the pc only for work(Office), games and movies.

So, let's get this straight.

I have a US PSN version of Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (a .pkg file) + it's .RAP file.

I have the 4.8 firmware for the PS3...i think. The file is called PS3UPDAT.PUP

Now, what should i do? I know that the emulator won't allow me to play the game, probably. The game will lag and so on, because it's still a work in progress.

But all i want to know is exactly what should i do in order to play this game. You know, being able to start the emulator and see the PS3 logo, the game opening screen and menu, ...

For now, all i managed to do is getting an error message that says i am not able to decrypt the .rap file.

Thank you!
You can extract the required external modules from the OFW update (PS3UPDAT.PUP).
I can make a tutorial on how to do that if that's allowed.

Did you read the Guide? http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=174352
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
(05-03-2016, 05:44 PM)Annie Wrote: You can extract the required external modules from the OFW update (PS3UPDAT.PUP).

Indeed. I have already read that guide, i have it in my bookmark. The problem is that my knowledge of english is not that good so it's not like i completely understand all the instructions.

Plus, PS3 is way more complex in his components, if we compare it to PSX or PS2 (even if PS2 is already complex enough).

In short, i am not a user too lazy to go and read the instructions. I really have trouble understanding all of this.

It took me days only to understand the difference of games in ISO or .pkg format. ( And even here i understand it barely. )

Oh, and yes. I don't know what to do with that .pup file

I swear, PS3 have so much unknown file extentions. (.rap , .pup , .pkg , ...)
(05-03-2016, 06:05 PM)master123. Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 05:44 PM)Annie Wrote: You can extract the required external modules from the OFW update (PS3UPDAT.PUP).

Indeed. I have already read that guide, i have it in my bookmark. The problem is that my knowledge of english is not that good so it's not like i completely understand all the instructions.

Plus, PS3 is way more complex in his components, if we compare it to PSX or PS2 (even if PS2 is already complex enough).

In short, i am not a user too lazy to go and read the instructions. I really have trouble understanding all of this.

It took me days only to understand the difference of games in ISO or .pkg format. ( And even here i understand it barely. )

Well, ask away stuff you don't understand, I'll see if I can help.
I'm going to check if extracting stuff from the .PUP file isn't considered piracy and then if not make a tutorial on how to extract the modules.
What is your main language? Small chance me or somebody else here might speak it.
(05-03-2016, 06:18 PM)Annie Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 06:05 PM)master123. Wrote:

Well, ask away stuff you don't understand, I'll see if I can help.
I'm going to check if extracting stuff from the .PUP file isn't considered piracy and then if not make a tutorial on how to extract the modules.
What is your main language? Small chance me or somebody else here might speak it.

Right. I don't know if that is considered piracy, but if that's the case then it's absolutely something that should not be discussed on a forum.
My main language is italian, i don't know if other italians look into this forum.

That sayd, thank you for your help. Questions :

I have a version of rpcs3 called " rpcs3-303a109-windows-x86-64 ". If i remember well it's one of the already-made configurations.

The game is PSN (so has protection? ) and comes with

iKChApWfRipwNENbrKSIqpGxBGFUTFoXVyAZygvivGmOQFECmJDvunAoGIhkCHnt.pkg

and a UP4108-NPUB31505_00-WORO3ULTHDDBOOT0.rap

First of all where should i put them? I don't know what to do, even following "instructions" leads me to nowhere. I think that a rap alone can't decrypt the .pkg file.

So i need a PS3 firmware why? And is it the .pup file?

The headache... so i have a .pkg , a .rap and a .pup but i don't understend what to do with them. Also i have heard that i need ELF files or something similar?

I really don't know what to say.

For example if i install the .pkg file, after that i can't boot it because it says :

E This application requires a valid RAP file for decryption!
E SELF: Can't find RAP file for NPDRM decryption!
E SELF: Failed to load SELF file metadata!
You either have a rap file that does not match the package you're trying to decrypt or you're not placing it in the correct path. The rap file is used to decrypt the files contained in that package. Re-read that part of the guide carefully.

Also, you're not using the latest master build. That's at least 2-3 months old. Older builds are not supported. Always download the latest build before testing from AppVeyor.

The firmware modules are required for games to run because there isn't a precise High Level Implementation of all the modules yet, so a lot of them still need to be loaded (Low Level Emulation).
(05-03-2016, 06:18 PM)Annie Wrote: I'm going to check if extracting stuff from the .PUP file isn't considered piracy and then if not make a tutorial on how to extract the modules.

If you're not linking to copyrighted files, just describing the process, then I don't see a problem with it -- feel free to make a guide. Smile