This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between gl and dx12
Now that the 3 gfx backends are implemented I think it's important to focus on getting all of them in a similar state ; it's also important to polish gl backend since there are several very good gl debugger available which is not the case for dx12 where a lot of debugging feature are absent (Vulkan tools being at the moment even more limited).

Unfortunately there is no list of games that run differently between gl and dx, the states of games are spread between this forum and project's bug tracker so I'd like to use this thread to report when a game is running correctly using a backend but doesn't with another.

So far I know that texture cube are not well supported with gl and Vulkan.
I have my test results over on this spreadsheet if it helps somehow

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...lK0RvpLECg
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
(03-22-2016, 12:03 AM)vlj Wrote: Now that the 3 gfx backends are implemented I think it's important to focus on getting all of them in a similar state ; it's also important to polish gl backend since there are several very good gl debugger available which is not the case for dx12 where a lot of debugging feature are absent (Vulkan tools being at the moment even more limited).

Unfortunately there is no list of games that run differently between gl and dx, the states of games are spread between this forum and project's bug tracker so I'd like to use this thread to report when a game is running correctly using a backend but doesn't with another.

So far I know that texture cube are not well supported with gl and Vulkan.

Theres some kind of vertex issue on GL. Its rarely triggered, but I think its noticeable on G-Force and Prince of persia: Sands of time from the HD collection. You could start there. Actually, according to users, the corruption is absent on DH's rsx-cache branch for prince of persia.