This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dashboard emulation (Whatever It's called ;) )
Hey again guys.

I have just been wondering while playing with lle, Why hasn't an option been implemented where we can install a firmware?

It'd make life easier, but I understand being so early in actually emulating it probably would not run even 80%...
Simply no. That isn't going to happen without a drastic shift in RPCS3's approach to emulation.
Implementing possibility for booting the XMB would mean reversing the hardware registers and emulating those alongside with rendering context switching and IPC (Inter-Process Communication).
If you want such emulation, you're probably in for a long wait, until Nucleus progresses further.
(03-19-2016, 06:52 PM)tambre Wrote: Simply no. That isn't going to happen without a drastic shift in RPCS3's approach to emulation.
Implementing possibility for booting the XMB would mean reversing the hardware registers and emulating those alongside with rendering context switching and IPC (Inter-Process Communication).
If you want such emulation, you're probably in for a long wait, until Nucleus progresses further.

As I thought then, Basically.

It is not a major feature So I didn't expect it, Game emulation is one thing, But XMB is another.

I also crossed wires because I noticed of course that some games call for trophy/User/dash info multiple times throughout, and sometimes rely on the xmb in chunks.

Thanks anyway guys, and hopefully we reach that stage! Big Grin