This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please report this to the developers.
Hello!

Today I download inFAMOUS with [REDACTED]. I installed the PKG file and copy-past the RAP file in \rpcs3-303a109-windows-x86-64\dev_hdd0\home\00000001\exdata.

Once I try to lunch the game, the program wrote an error message:

LDR: PKG: Package successfully installed in C:/Users/Arnaud/Desktop/rpcs3-303a109-windows-x86-64/dev_hdd0/game/NPEA00252
{PPU Thread[0x1] (main_thread)[0x0055d4e4]} sys_spu: Unsupported SPU Thread options (0x2)
{PPU Thread[0x1] (main_thread)[0x0055d4e4]} sys_spu: Unsupported SPU Thread options (0x2)
{PPU Thread[0x1] (main_thread)[0x0055d2c4]} cellSpurs TODO: cellSpursGetInfo
{PPU Thread[0x1] (main_thread)[0x0055d2a4]} cellSpurs TODO: cellSpursRequestIdleSpu
{PPU Thread[0x1] (main_thread)[0x0055d584]} cellSpurs TODO: cellSpursSetExceptionEventHandler
{PPU Thread[0x1] (main_thread)[0x0055d364]} cellSpurs TODO: cellSpursGetWorkloadInfo
{PPU Thread[0x1] (main_thread)[0x0055d364]} cellSpurs TODO: cellSpursGetWorkloadInfo
{PPU Thread[0x1] (main_thread)[0x0011626c]} Exception: Access violation reading location 0x00000000
(in file ..\Utilities\Thread.cpp:1133, in function throw_access_violation)
Please report this to the developers.

If you could help with, it'll be great

Thanks!
Shaarkrat
Welcome to the forum.

First please read the FAQ.
Pirated games, software and firmware files aren't allowed and we don't support pirated games. Asking for help with pirated software or requesting such content may result in a warning (which I issued you), or a permanent suspension from the forum. I have issued you warning.

Second, list of playable games. To run more than some basic games, you'll need a PS3, which has Custom Firmware, so you can obtain firmware, game files and game data decryption files (.rap files).
Also, not all errors are errors and the "report this to developers" is just a generic message, in case something really interesting actually does happen. Common sense should be used, when reporting issues - ie. God of War 3, GTA V, *insert AAA game here* isn't going to run and is probably not worth reporting.
(02-16-2016, 05:22 PM)Elfogames Wrote: someone should remove this "please report this to developers"

Well, some things are indeed important to report. General errors though, shouldn't have that those imo. But I guess every output that's colored with magenta has that by default.

People should take a few minutes though to open a few topics and read the stuff at github to try and find out what are the appropriate errors that need to be reported. Something about exceptions without a stacktrace being useless should be added to the issue report faq thingy, or something about "check if your issue has already been reported @ github and/or emunewz".

These kind of topics have been frequent lately, I think people aren't quite aware the emulator is only meant for testing and not for playing, that's why those are created.
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
(02-16-2016, 05:35 PM)Annie Wrote:
(02-16-2016, 05:22 PM)Elfogames Wrote: someone should remove this "please report this to developers"

Well, some things are indeed important to report. General errors though, shouldn't have that those imo. But I guess every output that's colored with magenta has that by default.

People should take a few minutes though to open a few topics and read the stuff at github to try and find out what are the appropriate errors that need to be reported. Something about exceptions without a stacktrace being useless should be added to the issue report faq thingy, or something about "check if your issue has already been reported @ github and/or emunewz".

These kind of topics have been frequent lately, I think people aren't quite aware the emulator is only meant for testing and not for playing, that's why those are created.

A change removing "Please report this to the developers." from general exceptions has been removed.
Now the emulator will also display a more appropriate exception message from access violations and it will also detect, if an illegal instructions exception has occurred and then display a message saying, that SSSE3 is required.
This should hopefully clear up some stuff and make some errors easier to understand.