This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should i get dx12?
ps3 
hi all,

i looking rpcs3 on youtube. all game were smooth using dx12,
do i have to install dx12 to run this rcps3? cause i'm still using win 7.
dx12 can't install on win 7...

any advice pls?
You can use Open GL renderer but it has worse compatibility and performance.
(02-15-2016, 05:03 PM)flashmozzg Wrote: You can use Open GL renderer but it has worse compatibility and performance.

ok thanks
Seems like Vulkan is released https://www.khronos.org/registry/vulkan/
It'll take some time to write a backend though.
Like vlj, it's probably going to take a while to have a Vulkan backend, but OpenGL might be around to stay for a little while, since DH has an older mobile card, that doesn't support Vulkan.
OpenGL will stay as long there is someone willing to maintain it.
The only backend that might be removed is Null since it doesn't make sense to keep it.
(02-16-2016, 09:20 PM)vlj Wrote: The only backend that might be removed is Null since it doesn't make sense to keep it.

It could make sense for autotests.