This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
memory dump problem
i've been wondering if the memory dumping's possibly broken or unfinished.

i've been trying to get some images from the raw memory dump since the image viewer's still pretty new (no actual support for palettized images), but the memory dumped version is also pretty bad, like half of the values are cut off or something. for the record, pure black is 00 (first entry on palette index), pure white is FF (last entry). the memory dump only reaches like half of what it should.

when i did a memory dump of the entire process though the image i tried to extract came out correctly.

image related. the left side is what jpcsp's memory dump file looks like in a viewer, the right side is what it looks like if i dump the entire process, and how it should look like minus the colors.

i wanna use memory dump since it has an advantage of being only 32 mb, so searching through it is very easy compared to a 500-600 mb process dump which takes a lot more time and uses a whole lot of memory to even load.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The memory dump tool in the "Memory Viewer" has some conversion issues.
Try using the "Save Snapshot". It does the same thing, but it converts the binary data properly and appends registers' values.
I'd say, you should browse the files in the ISO and locate the pictures and the formats they're in. Usually, stuff is compressed and archived, but if you know how to do a little data reverse engineering with an hex editor, it's very possible.
Quote:Try using the "Save Snapshot". It does the same thing, but it converts the binary data properly and appends registers' values.
thanks, that did the job.

Quote:I'd say, you should browse the files in the ISO and locate the pictures and the formats they're in. Usually, stuff is compressed and archived, but if you know how to do a little data reverse engineering with an hex editor, it's very possible.
i always try the iso first, but i can't do any data decompression, so i can only get the unencrypted, decompressed stuff. if i can't find any of that, then it's memory dump time.