This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dx12 not working
Well ignoring that the game you are trying to play won't work the actual reason rpcs3 crashes on DX12 is probably because your "2gb ddr3 GT 635m" is actually a re-branded GT 555m based on the Fermi architecture which doesn't support DX12 (yet?) as far as I can tell.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(01-25-2016, 08:55 AM)ssshadow Wrote: Well ignoring that the game you are trying to play won't work the actual reason rpcs3 crashes on DX12 is probably because your "2gb ddr3 GT 635m" is actually a re-branded GT 555m based on the Fermi architecture which doesn't support DX12 (yet?) as far as I can tell.

Oh i see, but im sure my card supports dx12 , the nvidia website shows its a card that supports it, and so does the nvidia control panel. i have attached a screenshot, showing my card supports dx12.

Edit: also i thought dbz raging blast was a half playable game ? http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....643&page=4

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-25-2016, 03:08 PM)Elfogames Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 02:57 PM)siulmagic Wrote: Oh i see, but im sure my card supports dx12 , the nvidia website shows its a card that supports it, and so does the nvidia control panel. i have attached a screenshot, showing my card supports dx12.

Edit: also i thought dbz raging blast was a half playable game ? http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....643&page=4

nope,your card doesn't support dx12,your direct3D api version is 11.2
it should be 12
[Image: w2G0YIP.jpg]

11.2 does support dx 12 apis, just not all of them, i guess il have to wait for the driver update. supposedly when the first dx12 games come out, we get dx12.
(01-25-2016, 02:57 PM)siulmagic Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 08:55 AM)ssshadow Wrote: Well ignoring that the game you are trying to play won't work the actual reason rpcs3 crashes on DX12 is probably because your "2gb ddr3 GT 635m" is actually a re-branded GT 555m based on the Fermi architecture which doesn't support DX12 (yet?) as far as I can tell.

Oh i see, but im sure my card supports dx12 , the nvidia website shows its a card that supports it, and so does the nvidia control panel. i have attached a screenshot, showing my card supports dx12.

Where was a leaked driver with dx12 support for Fermi, but no official driver or even release date yet afaik.