This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun [JAP] - ULJS00354
Exclamation 
I noticed something strange now with sound. If I enable SonicStage after a while the entire sound goes silent completly. Even the sound that wasn't related to SonicStage goes silent. Nothing usefull in the log.
Even some other stuff (probably related to it) stop working - for example Loading screen frozes, or the automatic skip for texts stops working.

The same problem apears in To Aru Majutsu no Index.

EDIT: the problem is not in the 2413 version with black screen.
(01-03-2012, 08:59 PM)zaeraal2 Wrote: I noticed something strange now with sound. If I enable SonicStage after a while the entire sound goes silent completly. Even the sound that wasn't related to SonicStage goes silent. Nothing usefull in the log.
Even some other stuff (probably related to it) stop working - for example Loading screen frozes, or the automatic skip for texts stops working.

The same problem apears in To Aru Majutsu no Index.

EDIT: the problem is not in the 2413 version with black screen.

About this, the audio changes in r2438 (I didn't have issues with this in r2437, so I think it's that revision) causes all sound to cut out once the BGM loops once. If this occurs, the game will not progress past the next loading screen.

Also, there's a video issue during the action scenes where the frame doesn't match with the PSP screen for a few scenes, while the logs spams this:

Code:
[GUI] WARN  ge - BoundingBox Query result not available in due time

Maybe it's just because my graphics card isn't so great. Screenshot attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, it went wrong in the r2438 and happens exactly on the first bg music loop. (SonicStage must be enabled)

And yes, I have those graphic problems too and with 30fps. It happens when you enable "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory", otherwise it's fine.
Ah yes, the sound issue is clearly related to the loop sample size restriction I've set in r2438.
Could you please post the last INFO message that shows up? It should say something about replaying an atrac loop sample. I'm wondering what size this one has. Thanks! Smile
This are the last lines from logger:
Code:
54786 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle - AT3+ data decoded by the external decoder.
54962 [user_main] INFO  compiler - Replacing CodeBlock at 0x08852D9C by Native Code 'nop'
54978 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle.sceAtrac3plus - hleAtracSetData atracID=0, buffer=0x0904E100, readSize=0x13CE30, bufferSize=0x13CE30, fileSize=0x13A18C
54980 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle - AT3+ data decoded by the external decoder.
54995 [user_main] INFO  compiler - Replacing CodeBlock at 0x088E75AC by Native Code 'nop'
54999 [user_main] INFO  compiler - Replacing CodeBlock at 0x08852DA4 by Native Code 'nop'
63368 [user_main] INFO  compiler - Replacing CodeSequence at 0x088DF16C-0x088DF240 by Native Code 'memset'
63917 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle.sceAtrac3plus - hleAtracSetData atracID=0, buffer=0x0904E100, readSize=0xE0B50, bufferSize=0xE0B50, fileSize=0xDEBB4
63918 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle - AT3+ data decoded by the external decoder.
64147 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle.sceAtrac3plus - hleAtracSetData atracID=0, buffer=0x0904E100, readSize=0xE0B50, bufferSize=0xE0B50, fileSize=0xDEBB4
64149 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle - AT3+ data decoded by the external decoder.

The full log:

.html   log.html (Size: 34.24 KB / Downloads: 99)

another log file from a different scene + freezing in the loading screen after that:

.html   log2.html (Size: 34.96 KB / Downloads: 99)
(01-04-2012, 07:44 PM)zaeraal2 Wrote: This are the last lines from logger:
Code:
54786 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle - AT3+ data decoded by the external decoder.
54962 [user_main] INFO  compiler - Replacing CodeBlock at 0x08852D9C by Native Code 'nop'
54978 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle.sceAtrac3plus - hleAtracSetData atracID=0, buffer=0x0904E100, readSize=0x13CE30, bufferSize=0x13CE30, fileSize=0x13A18C
54980 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle - AT3+ data decoded by the external decoder.
54995 [user_main] INFO  compiler - Replacing CodeBlock at 0x088E75AC by Native Code 'nop'
54999 [user_main] INFO  compiler - Replacing CodeBlock at 0x08852DA4 by Native Code 'nop'
63368 [user_main] INFO  compiler - Replacing CodeSequence at 0x088DF16C-0x088DF240 by Native Code 'memset'
63917 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle.sceAtrac3plus - hleAtracSetData atracID=0, buffer=0x0904E100, readSize=0xE0B50, bufferSize=0xE0B50, fileSize=0xDEBB4
63918 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle - AT3+ data decoded by the external decoder.
64147 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle.sceAtrac3plus - hleAtracSetData atracID=0, buffer=0x0904E100, readSize=0xE0B50, bufferSize=0xE0B50, fileSize=0xDEBB4
64149 [SHD_BGM] INFO  hle - AT3+ data decoded by the external decoder.

The full log:

another log file from a different scene + freezing in the loading screen after that:

Thanks! Smile
As I suspected the loop size is superior to limit I've reversed. Upon further investigation, I've found out that this limit is actually related to PCM data playback and whether it is related to ATRAC3+ playback or not is still unclear.
For now, I've reverted the changes in r2440, so the games that have been recently showing issues related to this should now be fixed (e.g.: "To Aru Kagaku no Railgun", "Star Ocean"). Wink
I believe it really can be now moved to the playable section. (with To aru majutsu no Index too - this thread)

The jpcsp revision on which this game is playable: r2440
I note the settings I play with, so others would know what to enable and what not:

Options->Video->Filters->Anisotropic (optional, game looks way better)

Options->Configuration->...
->Video:
use all of the bellow, some are necesity for proper working, some increase FPS by a lot
Code:
Use vertex cache
Use shaders
Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering
Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader
Enable dynamic shader generation
Enable the shader implementatin for the "Stencil Test"
Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask"
Disable optimized VertexInfo reading
->Media
required if you want bg music and videos
Code:
Use Media Engine
Extract media files to tmp folder (speeds up the second loading)
Decode audio files with SonicStage (install SonicStage first)
->Crypto
look here for how EBOT.BIN can be used to speed up the game loadng.
Code:
Extract decrypted EBOT.BIN (optional)
Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode (optional)
->Display
Code:
Anti-aliasing - 16X (optional, game looks way better)

INGAME Settings
Code:
BGM volume - 100%
SE volume  - 100% (button clicks and other special effects)
VOICE volume - 100%
Text speed - normal / fast (normal - text apears as character is talking, fast - text apears inmediatly)
Automatic text feed (triangle ingame)  - OFF / ON (it's like clicking Circle automatically after character finishes frase)
Fast Forward (square ingame) - OFF / ON (works ONLY if you already was through those dialogues, for example when playing game again from start)
Installation Data - OFF / ON (no idea what it does, description says Use Installed Data)
Restore default - Execute

Performance in FPS:
Code:
22-25 during videos
45-60 in menu
60 during talking
10-20 during action mode with full anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering
15-35 during action mode without anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering
Loading Screen - normal loading time (same as in PSP)

My Computer Specs:
Code:
Processor - QuadCore Intel Core i5 (2,67GHz)
Graphic Card - nVIDIA GeForce GT 240 (1GB)
RAM - 4GB (the game takes about 600MB)
operating system - Windows 7
Code:
With r2441, does it also work without selecting this option? I think this option is now obsolete.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Yes, it works on r2441 without "Disable optimized VertexInfo reading".
And it's slightly faster..
(01-11-2012, 08:25 PM)gid15 Wrote:
Code:
With r2441, does it also work without selecting this option? I think this option is now obsolete.

It's not obsolete yet as with it i can finally play P3P with shaders enabled without the characters looking like hedgehogs.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15