This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Encounter an error while trying to play game on rpcs3.
(12-26-2015, 02:31 AM)Gurkirat Singh Wrote:
(12-25-2015, 07:17 PM)tambre Wrote:
(12-25-2015, 06:30 PM)Gurkirat Singh Wrote:
(12-25-2015, 04:37 PM)tambre Wrote:
(12-25-2015, 03:50 PM)Gurkirat Singh Wrote: I found a file called program.log (no rpcs3.log file was there), it's here, in the attachment.
I tried to upload the log file but it's not allowed, so I uploaded the text file.

Well, there's your problem. You're trying to run God of War 3.
If you haven't already, read the FAQ.

But I have seen I lot of videos of people playing different games through rpcs3 , one of which I had, was playing Uncharted 3 on his windowsXP,I mean direcx 9, and it also worked smoothly and now I have windows 10 havig directx 12, so I can give a try to play games like that.

I didn't told you at the first place that I was paying God War 3 as I was scared, that you will not help me.

So can you please tell me the settings and methods to play any games like that on rpcs3. Please.... It's a request.

It would be very helpful of you.

Uncharted, God of War won't work. The videos you likely saw were fake.
Windows XP is not capable of running RPCS3. We have never had a DirectX 9 renderer, and never will.
Maybe in a couple years you'll be able to get into menus for God of War at like 10fps.
And as I already linked you before, all the playable games are listed here.
And you can probably see, that all of those are simple 2D games.

I read what you said also I've seen the list, I saw a video yesterday in which this guy made a game supportable called Arkedo Series - 02 Pixel (which is not in the list of supported games) using PSN (or something like that I don't know what it was), then what you will say about that.
And I do knew the difference between a real and fake video, the guy who run rpcs3 on xp,I downloaded that video like maybe a year ago or more than that. And maybe he changed some settings or something and run game in low quality or something like that, as it was a 360p video that's why I said that.
Even if I say in the earlier versions of pcsx2, it was normally to select the iso of game one want to play, not like only 2d games are playable, then why that happened at first place.
At least tell me how I can run those games on rpcs3, there must be some settings and methods, and also setting with which game run fast, even after that if game runs slow, it's all on me.
Please at least help me......

Ok. I'll give you a small tutorial how to get the games and how to run them on RPCS3!

What you need:
  • PS3 with Custom Firmware installed
  • The game disc (you can also get the game, if you purchased through PSN, but it's harder and I don't know how to do it that way, but you should be able to use Google)
  • FTP server on your PS3
  • A FTP client on your computer
  • Have your PS3 connected to your computer or network

What you need to do:
  1. Turn on your PS3
  2. Insert the disc into your PS3
  3. Start the FTP server on PS3
  4. Use the FTP client to connect to your PS3
  5. Copy the contents of /dev_bdd0/ (or from /dev_hdd0/game/GAME) to your computer
  6. Put the game into RPCS3's /dev_hdd0/game/
  7. Open the game in RPCS3 and wait for it to crash!

Over two years ago RPCS3 dropped the support for 32-bit Operating Systems, due to their limitations at emulating the PS3.
But like sshadow already said: How gullible can you be?
And yes, Arkedo Pixel runs with LLE. It's in the half-playable section though, due to it not being confirmed to be completable. You can see the requirements for the different categories here.
(12-26-2015, 08:31 AM)tambre Wrote: text

Also if you have a CFW PS3 you are probably using multiman, which has a built in FTP server. Just use for instance Filezilla to connect to the PS3 IP, no username or password.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
I don't have a ps3, if I had ps3 then why should I use rpcs3? Now please tell me method in which game's iso is used. Because I tried this method but this name folders were not in the game iso.
So please give me any other method. And thanks for your help.
(12-27-2015, 04:57 AM)Gurkirat Singh Wrote: I don't have a ps3, if I had ps3 then why should I use rpcs3? Now please tell me method in which game's iso is used. Because I tried this method but this name folders were not in the game iso.

To make developing games, debugging and modding them easier. RPCS3 is not developed for enabling piracy, but rather preservation of the games. Please also keep in mind that we don't tolerate piracy, and piracy may result in permanent suspension.
(12-27-2015, 08:39 AM)tambre Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 04:57 AM)Gurkirat Singh Wrote: I don't have a ps3, if I had ps3 then why should I use rpcs3? Now please tell me method in which game's iso is used. Because I tried this method but this name folders were not in the game iso.

To make developing games, debugging and modding them easier. RPCS3 is not developed for enabling piracy, but rather preservation of the games. Please also keep in mind that we don't tolerate piracy, and piracy may result in permanent suspension.

I didn't bought any pirated game, I got it from my friend, who has an original ps3.

And for the fact then why rpcs3 was created, to play Tetris like games or games which people really want to play like God Of War 3, The Last Of Us, Uncharted 3 etc.

Even when pcsx2's earlier versions were there, one was able to play games like God Of War 1-2 etc. Now with latest versions, one can play games even with more flexibility and features like save state etc.
So what? Making emulators is really difficult. The success of one project doesn't mean anything for another. Let's make it perfectly clear with a big nice font for everyone to see:

rpcs3 does not run a single real game properly.

So yes, if you want to play GoW this decade get a PS3, that simple. I have a PS3 with CFW and it's quite nice.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(12-27-2015, 01:25 PM)ssshadow Wrote: So what? Making emulators is really difficult. The success of one project doesn't mean anything for another. Let's make it perfectly clear with a big nice font for everyone to see:

So yes, if you want to play GoW this decade get a PS3, that simple. I have a PS3 with CFW and it's quite nice.

I didn't meant it that way, what I meant was that it been so many years, but still we can't play any 3d game on rpcs3, even after development of directx 12.
It would be very good if I can play GOW 3 with at least 30 fps on my windows 10 having directx 12.

Even Xenia (Xbox 360 emulator), has played a game called A-Train HX 3d game at 60 fps with the help of directx 12.
You can play after Burner Climax at around 60 fps if you wish, it's a 3d game too like A train hx.
Xenia doesn't run any Halo game yet, at least I didn't find a video of Halo on Xenia. God of Wars 3 is even more complex to emulate that Halo Reach...

Also I like to add that rpcs3 and the contributors don't owe you anything. It's a project based on volunteering and you're not a paying customer. If you want thing to go faster then contribute or hire somebody to contribute for you.
(12-27-2015, 05:47 PM)Gurkirat Singh Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 01:25 PM)ssshadow Wrote: So what? Making emulators is really difficult. The success of one project doesn't mean anything for another. Let's make it perfectly clear with a big nice font for everyone to see:

I didn't meant it that way, what I meant was that it been so many years, but still we can't play any 3d game on rpcs3, even after development of directx 12.
It would be very good if I can play GOW 3 with at least 30 fps on my windows 10 having directx 12.

Even Xenia (Xbox 360 emulator), has played a game called A-Train HX 3d game at 60 fps with the help of directx 12.

Have you ever considered that the PS3 is more complex than the PS2?
There's a concept of dev-to-triangle time, which is the time it takes to develop a graphics system capable capable at level the hardware is capable of.
PS2's dev-to-triangle time is 3 to 6 months.
PS3's dev-to-triangle time is two times higher - 6 to 12 months.
(12-27-2015, 06:53 PM)vlj Wrote: You can play after Burner Climax at around 60 fps if you wish, it's a 3d game too like A train hx.
Xenia doesn't run any Halo game yet, at least I didn't find a video of Halo on Xenia. God of Wars 3 is even more complex to emulate that Halo Reach...

Also I like to add that rpcs3 and the contributors don't owe you anything. It's a project based on volunteering and you're not a paying customer. If you want thing to go faster then contribute or hire somebody to contribute for you.

Can you please tell me the rpcs3 settings at which I can play After Burner Climax at 60fps? As I'm new to this emulator, can't risk changing settings by myself.