This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Started
ps3 
Hi, I'm new to this forum, I want to try the emulator but I don't know how to use it, so I read that I need to use the PS3 game that through TFTP right? A friend of mine generously lends its console so that I can try, and also has a couple of games, but i don't know how to set it up to use the games.
The ps3 has to read the blu ray and send it to the pc or how it works?
I didn't find any post that why i ask for help.
Anyway thanks Big Grin
(12-20-2015, 01:36 AM)Camilo625 Wrote: Hi, I'm new to this forum, I want to try the emulator but I don't know how to use it, so I read that I need to use the PS3 game that through TFTP right? A friend of mine generously lends its console so that I can try, and also has a couple of games, but i don't know how to set it up to use the games.
The ps3 has to read the blu ray and send it to the pc or how it works?
I didn't find any post that why i ask for help.
Anyway thanks Big Grin

Though I'm not exactly sure, you probably need a CFW (jailbroken) PS3, to setup a FTP server on it, and legitimately obtain the games.
The easiest way to obtain a CFW PS3, is to have a one, which's firmware version is 3.55 or below. Newer versions of the firmware have restrictions, which mean you'd have to open up the PS3, order some equipment and solder a flash programmer to it, and then perform a downgrade to 3.55, so you could install CFW.
[/quote]

Though I'm not exactly sure, you probably need a CFW (jailbroken) PS3, to setup a FTP server on it, and legitimately obtain the games.
The easiest way to obtain a CFW PS3, is to have a one, which's firmware version is 3.55 or below. Newer versions of the firmware have restrictions, which mean you'd have to open up the PS3, order some equipment and solder a flash programmer to it, and then perform a downgrade to 3.55, so you could install CFW.
[/quote]

Well that's the thing, the ps3 that i have access has a custom firmware(at least thats what my friend told me), but i was hoping that i can kind of "copy" the legit game from the console to the pc and then read the game in the emu, so i don't need to have the ps3 on all the time i want to try some game. If i remember correctly having an ISO or a blu ray reader(plus the blue ray disc) on the pc will not work because the discs are made to be read in the console only, so that opcion it's not available.
(12-21-2015, 01:04 AM)Camilo625 Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 05:38 AM)tambre Wrote: Though I'm not exactly sure, you probably need a CFW (jailbroken) PS3, to setup a FTP server on it, and legitimately obtain the games.

Well that's the thing, the ps3 that i have access has a custom firmware(at least thats what my friend told me), but i was hoping that i can kind of "copy" the legit game from the console to the pc and then read the game in the emu, so i don't need to have the ps3 on all the time i want to try some game. If i remember correctly having an ISO or a blu ray reader(plus the blue ray disc) on the pc will not work because the discs are made to be read in the console only, so that opcion it's not available.

I don't know much about setting up a FTP server and getting the firmware files, but I'm sure someone else will know. (BlackDaemon maybe)
Though it might be useful to ask your friend what version of CFW is on the PS3, so we could help you better.
(12-21-2015, 01:04 AM)Camilo625 Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 05:38 AM)tambre Wrote: Though I'm not exactly sure, you probably need a CFW (jailbroken) PS3, to setup a FTP server on it, and legitimately obtain the games.

I can help you I just need a little bit of information.

1 Does it have Multiman,Irisman,or gamesonic installed?
2 Do you have have a ftp client installed on your computer?
3 Do you have at least 30-50GBs free on your computer hdd?