This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP crashes in Fate/Extra during noble phantasm
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask this, but I'll ask anyway.

I've gotten to the second elimination round fight in Fate/Extra and the game plays normally. By normally I mean about 15-20 FPS on my god-forsaken laptop, but with my patience, it's playable.

The problem is that whenever the the enemy servant uses his noble phantasm Holy Bow of Supplication, the game, along with the software and my graphics card crashes (It didn't crash when the first servant used noble phantasm, also with elaborated animation). It gets about to the halfway of the animation and then the JPCSP screen freezes, the whole screen goes black and starts again reporting the the graphics card crashed and recovered. Afterwards JPCSP doesn't respond and needs to be closed.

System specs:

AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-75 2,20 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530
RAM 4,0 GB
System 32-bit Windows Vista

The configs I have on video on JPCSP:

Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory
Enable decodingof indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader
Enable dynamic shadeer generation.

In memory:

Ignore invalid memory access.
I've updated the drivers for the graphics card and java is also up to date.
I've tried disabling CATALYST A.I, but it doesn't help.

I suspect that my old hardware along with ATI graphics engine may be at fault here, but I hope that I can get around that somehow and progress with the game.
i passed that fight with no problems so its your graphics card, most likely.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
Ok, I got. The game doesn't crash (but is very slow) when I used the following video settings:

Only GE graphics
Use vertex cache
Use shaders
Disable UBO
Enable saiving GE screen to textures instead of memory
Enable dynamic shader generation

In media settings I have:

Use media engine
Decode audio files with SonicStage

I also disabled CATALYST A.I

I'll just leave this thread hanging here, in case it helps someone. Mods may delete this if they want.