This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About LLE emulation
(12-18-2015, 12:23 PM)ssshadow Wrote: So is that it really? Execute some cellSpursFile.elf or whatever and you will have The Last of Us running with some improvements to RSX? Can't be that "simple" surely? (What I mean is that looking at the current state of rpcs3, is that really the only big thing left now?)

It is "that simple", but it requires that the hardware is emulated accurately enough to run those modules without errors. That's the hard part. (This includes RSX, like tambre says, which is the hardest part.)

It's also really hard to get that right because parts of the hardware are largely undocumented (mainly RSX) or contain small, hard to track down errors (accuracy errors in the PPUs or SPUs for instance.)
Emulation is kind of hard. Tongue
(12-18-2015, 05:40 AM)tambre Wrote: Of course, the ultimate goal would be to have everything HLE'd, so everything would work out of the box, and you could modify tons of settings, maybe even add graphical improvements, higher internal resolution, etc.

In any case, I'm sure some bright minds will come along to continue work on HLE. Of course it may be awhile, but it was only recently that Dolphin's HLE audio had obtained near-perfection. There's a long road ahead, and at the very least, LLE can help identify flaws in RSX and the PPU/SPU.

Personally, I'm not at all concerned about users having an out of the box experience until an experience can be had at all Smile
Hi guys, merry christmas firs. And also i have a question about sprx files. These sprx files can be share to use it? Means can i use the other people's dumped sprx files?

(12-19-2015, 03:51 AM)fuhuan416 Wrote: Hi guys, merry christmas firs. And also i have a question about sprx files. These sprx files can be share to use it? Means can i use the other people's dumped sprx files?

It's just for a ask, i'm not for a request.Angel
(12-19-2015, 03:51 AM)fuhuan416 Wrote: Hi guys, merry christmas firs. And also i have a question about sprx files. These sprx files can be share to use it? Means can i use the other people's dumped sprx files?

It's just for a ask, i'm not for a request.Angel

Yes, you can technically use .sprx's from other people's dumps/PS3s.
Okay there, just read all of this, and googled for a tool for dump, but i can't get - only CFWed PS3 can be dumped? Cuz i've OFW.
AMD FX-8320 (4,3Ghz), GTX 550Ti 1GB, Kingston 4Х4GB 1600Mhz, Vertex 4 128GB, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
(12-21-2015, 12:02 PM)Toriaizu Wrote: Okay there, just read all of this, and googled for a tool for dump, but i can't get - only CFWed PS3 can be dumped? Cuz i've OFW.

Only CFW PS3 can be only dumped, AFAIK.
(12-21-2015, 01:27 PM)tambre Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 12:02 PM)Toriaizu Wrote: Okay there, just read all of this, and googled for a tool for dump, but i can't get - only CFWed PS3 can be dumped? Cuz i've OFW.

Only CFW PS3 can be only dumped, AFAIK.

Sad i see... So bad, but, if this is so, then it can't be helped. Thx for answer.
AMD FX-8320 (4,3Ghz), GTX 550Ti 1GB, Kingston 4Х4GB 1600Mhz, Vertex 4 128GB, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
Please note that LLE doesn't play well with PPU LLVM at the moment. Likely a synchronisation issue.
Hello, there are lle modules that not work currently, is it possible to add an option that automatic enable or disable the lle modules needed for the game?
(01-23-2016, 06:42 PM)iplayemugames Wrote: Hello, there are lle modules that not work currently, is it possible to add an option that automatic enable or disable the lle modules needed for the game?

No. We don't know what modules are needed for the game, and I don't think you'd prefer running most games at 1fps. User friendliness features are many years away.