This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
List of BD drives that read PS3 disc
Thanks.
(03-11-2016, 11:06 PM)kilsuton Wrote: I ask everyone: you know a disc drive that reads definitely the ps3 disc? I'm going to buy it. I also wanted to ask you: why not all blue ray players can read the disc ps3? Thanks in advance.

Anyway thanks for the reply, tambre. I can not find an update for the firmware .... I'm really confused.
If someone would tell me which player I have to buy that definitely works, I would be very grateful.

I would also be willing to buy the LG BH16NS40, even if it costs a lot ... I await a response.

Not all BD drives can read PS3 discs, because they either aren't capable of reading such disks or they're missing the decryption keys for the PS3 discs.
(03-11-2016, 11:06 PM)kilsuton Wrote: I ask everyone: you know a disc drive that reads definitely the ps3 disc? I'm going to buy it. I also wanted to ask you: why not all blue ray players can read the disc ps3? Thanks in advance.

Quote:- Only certain drives (Mediatek chipset, +6 offset) are able to detect PS3 game discs, including: SAMSUNG DVDWBD SH-B083L, ASUS BC-08B1LT, LITE-ON iHBS112

http://forum.redump.org/topic/12699/ps3-...tructions/
I bought a Samsung SH-B083 that reads the disc ps3. I copied the contents of the "Dragonball Raging Blast" disk on my computer. When I select "Boot ELF / SELF File" and then I select "EBOOT.bin", the console says "loading failed". Because? I have a PS3 without the "Jailbreak". Is there a way to get the running game without the ps3? How can I decrypt it?
Nothing?
Because you dumped retail PS3 disc, and data there is partially encrypted. You should dump ISO image and google/look for such things, like .ird file for you discID and PS3-ISO-Rebuilder or 3k3y ISO tool to decrypt it.
I created an ISO image with isobuster ... then? How do I get a ird file?

I managed to find the ird file, but I can not figure out how to use it in "PS3 ISO Rebuilder". Possible that I need the jailbreak?
BH14NS40 can read PS3 and PS4 discs too, just tested (I can see all files)
Moved to general discussion.

Current list:
  • ASUS BC-12B1ST
  • BENQ BR1000
  • Lite-ON DH-401S
  • LG BD BH14NS40
  • LG BD BH16NS40
  • LG BD UH12NS30
  • LG BD-RE WH16NS40
  • Sony Optiarc BD 5300S
How do I decrypt a PS3 ISO without a jail broken PS3? I have a bluray drive for my desktop and it can read PS3 discs with no problems. I already have the IRD file for my game BLUS30161 (Eternal Sonata). I created an ISO image from the disc using Imgburn. I have PS3-ISO-Rebuilder 1.0.4.1 downloaded. When I open PS3 ISO Rebuilder up I load the IRD file then I load the ISO (Eternal Sonata). But I cannot click Build ISO under the Build/Extract tab.
[Image: Capture.png]