This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
List of BD drives that read PS3 disc
(02-07-2016, 06:55 AM)tambre Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 12:36 AM)vlj Wrote: By the way how do you test that a BD drive actually works ?

Probably see, if the drive is able to read the files on the disc and doesn't throw up any errors.

(02-07-2016, 01:25 AM)Kilowog01 Wrote: I also like to know, but if the test is put a PS3 disc and receive these messages:
(It is in Portuguese but I think you can understand easily. Briefly the first message asks how I want to use the disk and the second is that the disk is write-protected.)
So yes, my model LG-WH12LS30 supports

If it says that the disk is write-protected, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that your Blu-Ray Drive isn't capable of decrypting PS3 disks.
Also why are you so sure about your drive supporting decryption of PS3 disks?
I meant that only, I repeat, only if the error count as a positive result. Then my drive is capable of reading.
I think this way because my driver was able to read the Blu-ray Disc and ask 'How do you want to use this disc?' and then immediately after I choose the only option say that it is protected. Of course it is protected, but there must be an easy way to copy the contents of these cds on the PC, right? You guys do not have a magic solution? software?
(02-07-2016, 09:58 AM)Kilowog01 Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 12:36 AM)vlj Wrote: By the way how do you test that a BD drive actually works ?

Probably see, if the drive is able to read the files on the disc and doesn't throw up any errors.

(02-07-2016, 01:25 AM)Kilowog01 Wrote: I also like to know, but if the test is put a PS3 disc and receive these messages:
(It is in Portuguese but I think you can understand easily. Briefly the first message asks how I want to use the disk and the second is that the disk is write-protected.)

If it says that the disk is write-protected, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that your Blu-Ray Drive isn't capable of decrypting PS3 disks.
I meant that only, I repeat, only if the error count as a positive result. Then my drive is capable of reading.
I think this way because my driver was able to read the Blu-ray Disc and ask 'How do you want to use this disc?' and then immediately after I choose the only option say that it is protected. Of course it is protected, but there must be an easy way to copy the contents of these cds on the PC, right? You guys do not have a magic solution? software?

An error is not a positive result. There is no "easy" way to copy PS3 Blu-Ray disc contents, they're encrypted and there seem to be very few Blu-Ray drives capable of decrypting them. But even then, you'll need a PS3 to get some things. So...

The magic solution:
Get a PS3, that has CFW. It includes all you want - disc ripping, playing PS3 games, firmware files and even decryption files (which are different for every game, and are generated, when you insert the disc)!
(02-07-2016, 10:19 AM)tambre Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 09:58 AM)Kilowog01 Wrote:

An error is not a positive result. There is no "easy" way to copy PS3 Blu-Ray disc contents, they're encrypted and there seem to be very few Blu-Ray drives capable of decrypting them. But even then, you'll need a PS3 to get some things. So...

The magic solution:
Get a PS3, that has CFW. It includes all you want - disc ripping, playing PS3 games, firmware files and even decryption files (which are different for every game, and are generated, when you insert the disc)!

Well, the best way to test if your BD drive is capable to read PS3 Disks is double click (or right click and select open) on the drive icon, and if you see the content files, try to copy them to a folder in your PC.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don't know about PS3, because I don't have any discs around me, but my drive can read PS4 discs (tested on Uncharted Collection). So I guess PS3 discs could be read too.

Drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH14NS40
I bought ASUS BC-12B1ST, but it seems that does not read discs ps3 ... maybe there's something wrong?
(03-11-2016, 04:17 PM)kilsuton Wrote: I bought ASUS BC-12B1ST, but it seems that does not read discs ps3 ... maybe there's something wrong?

It doesn't support PS3 discs probably.
Strange. Yet there is in this list. Possible?

-ASUS BC-12B1ST (new-drive)
-BENQ BR1000 (old-drive)
-Lite-ON DH-401S (old-drive)
-LG BD BH16NS40 (new-drive)
-LG BD UH12NS30 (new-drive)
-LG BD-RE WH16NS40 (new-drive)
(03-11-2016, 05:36 PM)kilsuton Wrote: Strange. Yet there is in this list. Possible?

-ASUS BC-12B1ST (new-drive)
-BENQ BR1000 (old-drive)
-Lite-ON DH-401S (old-drive)
-LG BD BH16NS40 (new-drive)
-LG BD UH12NS30 (new-drive)
-LG BD-RE WH16NS40 (new-drive)

Well, Stickmode tested it, so no idea. Try updating firmware, drivers or something.
I ask everyone: you know a disc drive that reads definitely the ps3 disc? I'm going to buy it. I also wanted to ask you: why not all blue ray players can read the disc ps3? Thanks in advance.

Anyway thanks for the reply, tambre. I can not find an update for the firmware .... I'm really confused.
If someone would tell me which player I have to buy that definitely works, I would be very grateful.

I would also be willing to buy the LG BH16NS40, even if it costs a lot ... I await a response.
Try pm-ing
Stickmode http://www.emunewz.net/forum/member.php?...uid=450134 , maybe he'll now.