This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xbox 360 emulation is coming along nicely
Yea I know that the PS3 is harder to emulate. But the Xenia emulator is at least showing some 3D games working with some graphic glitches. When will 3D games actually show up on rpcs3. Whats the progress on RSX emulation. I know that ps3 emulation has many graphical problems to deal with, like Proper GCM implementation, SPUs, and spurs calls.
(07-10-2015, 04:11 PM)LumbeeChief Wrote: Yea I know that the PS3 is harder to emulate. But the Xenia emulator is at least showing some 3D games working with some graphic glitches. When will 3D games actually show up on rpcs3. Whats the progress on RSX emulation. I know that ps3 emulation has many graphical problems to deal with, like Proper GCM implementation, SPUs, and spurs calls.

Im not a dev, but even if the RSX would be perfectly emulated right now, no 3D AAA games would work, because of the spurs, cellfiber, and many other unimplemented functions. There is still a long way before this emu can play the big 3D AAA titles.
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
I dont want be nasty be we have been hearing about spurs, rsx and ect
fo about 2 years. Does any one is working on this things? The hasnt been a lot of development for at least a year. Development is kind of stuck i think.
(07-11-2015, 08:59 AM)metallicafor Wrote: I dont want be nasty be we have been hearing about spurs, rsx and ect
fo about 2 years. Does any one is working on this things? The hasnt been a lot of development for at least a year. Development is kind of stuck i think.

Hasn't been a lot of development? 6 months ago gosplar83 implemented some basic stuff from spurs, RSX has gotten a lot of improvements and there are many less graphical glitches. Plus there's DX12 renderer coming out (hopefully) this month.

Not to mention there are around 4 people working somewhat actively on the project, compared to other emulators (Dolphin, Xenia).
Want examples of 3D games? Disgaea 3 has been in game and looking alright since early 2014 or so.

Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)