This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dengeki Ciel nosurge Zoukangou Vol.2: Raciela Christmas Party - NPJH60022
This game was tested on 4098f5d. Under default settings, the emulator would crash shortly after the user clicks on Run because of the error java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space. If the user increases the value of the -Xmx Size to at least 1120 MB, the game should run without any problems.

For this log, I added the command -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError in order to dump a HPROF File when the emulator crashes. Since the heap dump was about 314 MB, I uploaded the file to MediaFire.

Attached Files
.zip   Log_r4098f5d(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 98.03 KB / Downloads: 102)
What is the size of the file "ms0:/PSP/GAME/NPJH60022/gvd.dat.edat"?
This seems to be the one causing the OutOfMemoryError:
Code:
01:44:55  INFO hle.IoFileMgrForUser - user_main - hleIoOpen filename = ms0:/PSP/GAME/NPJH60022/gvd.dat.edat flags = 40000001 permissions = 0777
01:44:55  INFO hle.scePspNpDrm_user - user_main - sceNpDrmEdataSetupKey edataFd=0x4
01:44:58 ERROR  runtime - user_main - Catched Throwable in RuntimeThread:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.scePspNpDrm_user.sceNpDrmEdataSetupKey(scePspNpDrm_user.java:220)
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
The size of gvd.dat.edat is about 520 MB (545,316,033 bytes). For PlayView games, they seem to have an issue loading on JPCSP if they are not placed within the GAME directory of the folder that contains the executable jar file that the user wants to use.

Example: A user attempts to load this PlayView title with JPCSP, but the folder NPJH60022 is not in the GAME directory where I want to load the emulator. The folder is placed in another location which I have indicated in the UMD path folders, but the game doesn't seem to recognize this and shows this message. The message basically states that the game data could not be found and tells the user to install the game data.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_r4098f5d(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 59.59 KB / Downloads: 90)
(07-07-2015, 07:55 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: The size of gvd.dat.edat is about 520 MB (545,316,033 bytes).
OK, this explains the OutOfMemoryError. The current implementation tries to decode the complete file at once and loads the whole file into memory, which is too large in that case. An implementation decoding on the fly only what is really needed would be better...

(07-07-2015, 07:55 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: For PlayView games, they seem to have an issue loading on JPCSP if they are not placed within the GAME directory of the folder that contains the executable jar file that the user wants to use.

Example: A user attempts to load this PlayView title with JPCSP, but the folder NPJH60022 is not in the GAME directory where I want to load the emulator. The folder is placed in another location which I have indicated in the UMD path folders, but the game doesn't seem to recognize this and shows this message. The message basically states that the game data could not be found and tells the user to install the game data.
From the log file, the game explicitely expects the file to be placed on the memory stick:
Code:
15:32:28  INFO hle.IoFileMgrForUser - user_main - hleIoOpen filename = ms0:/PSP/GAME/NPJH60022/gvd.dat.edat flags = 40000001 permissions = 0777
I guess this is the same behavior on a real PSP?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I was hoping that the path behavior could be modified, but it's something that probably shouldn't be messed with. Is the current implementation of decoding data for JPCSP, similar to the option "Cache full ISO in RAM (slow startup)" on PPSSPP?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-08-2015, 10:11 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 07:55 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: The size of gvd.dat.edat is about 520 MB (545,316,033 bytes).
OK, this explains the OutOfMemoryError. The current implementation tries to decode the complete file at once and loads the whole file into memory, which is too large in that case. An implementation decoding on the fly only what is really needed would be better...
The decoding of EDAT files (and also PGD's) is now performed on the fly in e8ca352. Very large files are supported and files under tmp are no longer created for DLC and PGD.
There seems to be a problem with loading this PlayView title as of revision 6493ea6. When I try to load this game on JPCSP, a message shows up on the screen which basically says:
Code:
This game cannot be started.
The game data is corrupted.
The game was still able to load on revision bbf6500 (with an increased -Xmx Size). With regards to PlayView titles, the audio frequency when loaded on JPCSP seem to be different than what is shown here: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PlayView#Note

Attached Files
.zip   Log_r6493ea6(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 1.83 MB / Downloads: 94)
.zip   Log_rbbf6500(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 133.29 KB / Downloads: 100)
(08-05-2015, 05:45 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: There seems to be a problem with loading this PlayView title as of revision 6493ea6. When I try to load this game on JPCSP, a message shows up on the screen which basically says:
Code:
This game cannot be started.
The game data is corrupted.
The game was still able to load on revision bbf6500 (with an increased -Xmx Size).
Thank you! I found a bug introduced in the new on-the-fly decoding. Is it now fixed in ea0d3eb?
This PlayView title can now load correctly as of revision f187aa8.

Attached Files
.zip   Log_rf187aa8(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 139.81 KB / Downloads: 88)
(08-06-2015, 07:55 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: This PlayView title can now load correctly as of revision f187aa8.
Great!
Thank you DragonNeos for your support in regression testing! Smile