This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skate 3 [BLUS30464]
(10-30-2015, 05:59 PM)tambre Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 05:57 PM)supergatto Wrote: New log
http://pastebin.com/0GEuJLSn
The installation is freezed when it says
"E {PPU[0x256] Thread (FileCopier::Thread)[0x0140a6c8]} Exception: Cannot create gamedata directory
(in file Emu\SysCalls\Modules\cellGame.cpp:349, in function cellGameContentPermit)"

Could you try deleting the gamedata folder (if it exists)? Maybe also trophy and savedata folders, if those exist.
Before post this log i deleted all files and unzipped again rpcs3 and moved again the game from dvd to game folder.
How can i extract correctly files from this game? Can someone help me? I want try to run this game and display something.
For now with the latest build the log is the same as before.
(11-10-2015, 09:20 PM)supergatto Wrote: How can i extract correctly files from this game? Can someone help me? I want try to run this game and display something.
For now with the latest build the log is the same as before.

Well, if you want to try to run it, do the same way as before. If it still doesn't run, then it might in some months.
New log... When i press stop the emulator crash now.. Sad
http://pastebin.com/WkZPuwB8

And it show 2 grey lines
[Image: 34fb2fk.png]
(11-20-2015, 06:44 PM)supergatto Wrote: New log... When i press stop the emulator crash now.. Sad
http://pastebin.com/WkZPuwB8

And it show 2 grey lines
[Image: 34fb2fk.png]

Does Skate really run at 480p? I think you should switch to the native resolution of the game in options. Also, I would suggest you to try DirectX12 renderer, as that one's quite a bit more accurate.
As you said in another post
(10-30-2015, 06:59 PM)tambre Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 06:15 PM)supergatto Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 05:57 PM)tambre Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 02:19 PM)Gundark Wrote: Few questions if you please. Does master now supports dx12 or branch is still needed? Does rpcs3 works with dx12 on AMD GPUs? I have Windows 10 and HD7870 but selecting dx12 makes emulator crash when I start anything. Ogl runs as expected.

Could you post the log of the crash with DX12? As far as I know, vlj, the main developer of DX12 backend has a Nvidia graphics card and I'm afraid that no one from the development team has a AMD card, so inconsistencies could be possible. As far as I see, your card should be supported.

You could also try deleting your config file to reset it and see, if it helps. But if possible, please post the log, before resetting the config.

I have AMD Radeon HD 6570 and it crash too.
Here log:
http://pastebin.com/n8mx4dXT

Log doesn't indicate an access violation, so the crash is most likely in non-emulation stuff. Could you run it through Visual Studio and post the stack trace?

Also, HD6570 doesn't support DX12.
My graphic card don't support directx 12... And i don't know the native resolution of this game...

Anyway i see this error, maybe there is another frequency that it isn't supported by rpcs3:
Code:
E {PPU[0x69] Thread (themain_thread)[0x01409648]} cellGcmSys TODO: Unimplemented display frequency: Scanout
(11-21-2015, 07:29 AM)supergatto Wrote: As you said in another post
(10-30-2015, 06:59 PM)tambre Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 06:15 PM)supergatto Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 05:57 PM)tambre Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 02:19 PM)Gundark Wrote: Few questions if you please. Does master now supports dx12 or branch is still needed? Does rpcs3 works with dx12 on AMD GPUs? I have Windows 10 and HD7870 but selecting dx12 makes emulator crash when I start anything. Ogl runs as expected.

Could you post the log of the crash with DX12? As far as I know, vlj, the main developer of DX12 backend has a Nvidia graphics card and I'm afraid that no one from the development team has a AMD card, so inconsistencies could be possible. As far as I see, your card should be supported.

You could also try deleting your config file to reset it and see, if it helps. But if possible, please post the log, before resetting the config.

I have AMD Radeon HD 6570 and it crash too.
Here log:
http://pastebin.com/n8mx4dXT

Log doesn't indicate an access violation, so the crash is most likely in non-emulation stuff. Could you run it through Visual Studio and post the stack trace?

Also, HD6570 doesn't support DX12.
My graphic card don't support directx 12... And i don't know the native resolution of this game...

Anyway i see this error, maybe there is another frequency that it isn't supported by rpcs3:
Code:
E {PPU[0x69] Thread (themain_thread)[0x01409648]} cellGcmSys TODO: Unimplemented display frequency: Scanout

AFAIK, that's not important at for now. It's simply for locking the framerate or something like that.

Also, for getting the resolution, you should be able to easily find a PARAM.SFO viewer/editor to see, what resolution the game uses.
Here param.sfo, i don't see any resolution... Anyway i tried directx 12 and d3d adapter i choose AMD RADEON HD 6570

.zip   PARAM.zip (Size: 641 bytes / Downloads: 75)
(11-21-2015, 12:31 PM)supergatto Wrote: Here param.sfo, i don't see any resolution... Anyway i tried directx 12 and d3d adapter i choose AMD RADEON HD 6570

You should be able to run DX12 in software mode (which is very slow), if you're on Windows 10, ofcourse. About resolution, Skate seems to support all of them. I'd still recommend trying with 720p, if you haven't already.
(11-21-2015, 01:48 PM)tambre Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 12:31 PM)supergatto Wrote: Here param.sfo, i don't see any resolution... Anyway i tried directx 12 and d3d adapter i choose AMD RADEON HD 6570

You should be able to run DX12 in software mode (which is very slow)
How?
I tried to run Skate 3 with these options:
Render: dx12, d3d adapter: Microsoft basic Render or amd radeon hd 6570, and always crash.
But if i change Render on OpenGL It always work. I tried 1280x720 as resolution but it show always same thing... Grey lines.
I have Windows 10. Processor: AMD FX 8350.