This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rpcs3 "crashing" (solved)
(02-21-2015, 01:41 PM)Gahh Wrote: And GTA V will not work, why...?
Why do you even ask the question "Why does GTA 5 not work?" Like seriously, why do you think it would? What on earth possibly made you think "It is possible to play GTA 5 on a PC"? Don't you think people would be talking about it or something if it was a thing? I see this every week on this forum, someone is genuinely wondering why GTA 5 doesn't work. Where do you come from? Who told you it would work? I will find that person and punch him.

The answer is simple: rpcs3 is unfinished.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
The case it is that tested the GTA V in several versions and none could run it, always gave failure Eboot.bin or emulator "crash" when I give boot.
The question would be, why not run? Maybe in later revisions or when you leave the final version will be able to run?
AMD FX 8320E | 8 GB DDR3 1866MHZ Hyperx Fury | EVGA GTX 550 TI 1GB GDDR5
(02-21-2015, 04:20 PM)Gahh Wrote: The case it is that tested the GTA V in several versions and none could run it, always gave failure Eboot.bin or emulator "crash" when I give boot.
The question would be, why not run? Maybe in later revisions or when you leave the final version will be able to run?

It will not run because GTA 5 is a very complex game that makes use of everything a real ps3 has to offer. rpcs3 doesn't even run most simple 2D homebrew properly because the emulator is very unfinished. GTA 5 is the very last game you should expect to even show a black screen... this decade.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Do what, just wait...Who knows in the final version will be supported. Smile
(02-21-2015, 09:02 PM)Gahh Wrote: Do what, just wait...Who knows in the final version will be supported. Smile

The question isnt would it be supported or would they support it, the question are:

1. WHEN would it be supported?
2. CAN THEY support it in future?
3. HOW MUCH developers would work on the rpcs3 emulator in the future?
4. WOULD someone leave the project in future (current developers)?
etc. etc.

So, come back after 5-10 years (IN BEST CASE SCENARIO), same/similar happend with the Dolphin emulator, PCSX2 etc.

The final version would never be released, the legit PS3 console is the only final version.

EDIT: And honestly, just wait for the PC version of GTA V... the game would support DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 GPUs, you will get much more FPS with the PC version of the game than the PS3 version via an emulator even on the weakest PC (weakest DX 10 GPU and weakest dual core CPU).
For this very reason'll wait release for PC, because to play in the emulator not worth, and the game run too slow, even my PC with a quad-core processor. The same goes for Sonic CD which also has PC version and runs best on the computer that the emulator itself.