This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Newest build - Won't open on Mac OS X
Hi all--

(I'm running Mac OS X Yosemite. I have 16gb ram and i7 quad-core processor-- so there aren't any hardware issues as far as specs are concerned)

I first downloaded the JPCSP v0.6 macOSX from the "downloads" page of http://jpcsp.org/
(it was 0.6 1772)
This version seemed to worked absolutely fine, but when opening ISO's, I would get error messages.
So I deleted it, and downloaded the newest version r3676.

Now, when I open the program, it does nothing. The initial windows don't open, the Mac Menu bar has no options -- literally nothing to click on.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
versions on download page are quite old ones , you should use the ones posted in the main page.

Try older version than 3676 to see if it works
unfortunately we don't have a mac PC to be able to test...
dos 
You need to start the emulator manually by running the Java interpreter.

I use the following shell script:

#!/bin/csh -fe
set curr_dir = `dirname "$0"`
cd "$curr_dir/Jpcsp.app/Contents/Resources/Java"
java -Xmx1024m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m -Djava.library.path=lib/macosx -jar bin/jpcsp.jar

Create a text file with this script. Save it in the same folder where you installed "Jpcsp" then left-click the file and "Open With" -> Terminal

Works great in Yosemite 10.10.2 but for some reason is not using all CPU cores.
(02-15-2015, 01:23 PM)adriano0829 Wrote: You need to start the emulator manually by running the Java interpreter.

I use the following shell script:

#!/bin/csh -fe
set curr_dir = `dirname "$0"`
cd "$curr_dir/Jpcsp.app/Contents/Resources/Java"
java -Xmx1024m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m -Djava.library.path=lib/macosx -jar bin/jpcsp.jar

Create a text file with this script. Save it in the same folder where you installed "Jpcsp" then left-click the file and "Open With" -> Terminal

Works great in Yosemite 10.10.2 but for some reason is not using all CPU cores.

I'm having the same issues as well. I am running Mavericks. Can you explain setp by step to get it to work?