This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PPU LLVM JIT Repository Early Testing
(01-20-2015, 11:56 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: thnx, i tested it for a bit and most of the time it displays an error
E {PPU[1] Thread (main_thread)[0x0001f898]} PPU[1] Thread (main_thread)[0x0001f898]: Invalid formatting (u64): %016
im not sure if the adress is always the same, but most of the games, even the ones that worked before display this error.
i assume that the spurs are not finished yet and thats why it does not work, but im just making sure gopalsr83 know about this error.

If almost every game does that then i'm sure he does know.

Also, just for everyone in general, if someone hasn't committed to the main branch it is probably for a reason, such as stuff being unfinished or still buggy.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(01-21-2015, 12:01 AM)ssshadow Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 11:56 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: thnx, i tested it for a bit and most of the time it displays an error
E {PPU[1] Thread (main_thread)[0x0001f898]} PPU[1] Thread (main_thread)[0x0001f898]: Invalid formatting (u64): %016
im not sure if the adress is always the same, but most of the games, even the ones that worked before display this error.
i assume that the spurs are not finished yet and thats why it does not work, but im just making sure gopalsr83 know about this error.

If almost every game does that then i'm sure he does know.

Also, just for everyone in general, if someone hasn't committed to the main branch it is probably for a reason, such as stuff being unfinished or still buggy.

i know, i just thought i will leave him an early feedback Smile
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
Thanks for the feedback.

SPURS taskset is a long way from being finished. Several components (like the SPURS taskset policy module) are yet to be implemented and so it is completely unusable at this time. At the moment I am only focusing on understanding/reverse-engineering the SPURS code and am not unit testing the implementation and so whatever is implemented is likely to be buggy.
I dont know if that will be a much of help for you - but if i were you i would certainly look into short waves 0.0.2 by ignarius ps3 emulator implementation - just to give a little bit of clue how the spurs works. Its propably not a lot but this emulator can succesfully run a couple homebrew based on spurs code. It might be usefull for you and can speed up the process but it might not. I dont know I am just trying to help.

Link http://down.emucr.com/v3/8744002
(01-21-2015, 08:57 AM)metallicafor Wrote: I dont know if that will be a much of help for you - but if i were you i would certainly look into short waves 0.0.2 by ignarius ps3 emulator implementation - just to give a little bit of clue how the spurs works. Its propably not a lot but this emulator can succesfully run a couple homebrew based on spurs code. It might be usefull for you and can speed up the process but it might not. I dont know I am just trying to help.

Link http://down.emucr.com/v3/8744002

im not sure if i remember it correctly, but wasnt short waves emulator code not made public?
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
yes just thought it might give u some clues that is it.

Could you provide the full log, please? I'm assuming this is because the logging formatting is not proper somewhere.
(01-22-2015, 02:33 PM)tambre Wrote:

Could you provide the full log, please? I'm assuming this is because the logging formatting is not proper somewhere.

here is one example, its from arkedo series 2 swap, all the other games behave basicaly the same

Attached Files
.rar   Arkedo2log.rar (Size: 4.82 KB / Downloads: 74)
um... i know it wont work, but could someone plz build the new spurs branch? just for testing purposes Smile thank you
Wait it, please. I just compile it now.

Download test build with "spurs" here: http://rghost.ru/60503756

Quote:SPURS: Implement cellSpursEventFlagWait and cellSpursEventFlagSet. Also modify implementation to make use of vm::var