This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - ULJM05940
The audio in the opening video of this game is still starting at least 1-2 seconds before the video begins on r3657.
The syncing of video and audio is restored on r3661. However, when the opening video begins, there is a stutter in audio for the first two seconds.

Attached Files
.zip   Log_r3661(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 662.83 KB / Downloads: 98)
(10-25-2014, 09:10 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: However, when the opening video begins, there is a stutter in audio for the first two seconds.
I've tried to workaround the audio stuttering in r3663. Does it help?

Have you a multi-core CPU? The video decoder is running in a separate thread and it seemed slow on your machine.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(10-26-2014, 06:49 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 09:10 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: However, when the opening video begins, there is a stutter in audio for the first two seconds.
I've tried to workaround the audio stuttering in r3663. Does it help?

Have you a multi-core CPU? The video decoder is running in a separate thread and it seemed slow on your machine.
I tried testing the game using r3671 and the audio still stutters at the opening video. The audio can also stutter at message screens as well (1st Screenshot).

The CPU that I have in my computer is an AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor (at 2.6 GHz), which is a quad-core CPU.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_r3671(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 696.77 KB / Downloads: 86)
(11-01-2014, 08:55 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: I tried testing the game using r3671 and the audio still stutters at the opening video. The audio can also stutter at message screens as well (1st Screenshot).

The CPU that I have in my computer is an AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor (at 2.6 GHz), which is a quad-core CPU.
Is it possible for you to do a small change in the source code and recompile?

src/jpcsp/HLE/modules150/scePsmfPlayer.java, line 200:
Code:
        maxTimestampDifference *= 2;
Try to increase the value "2", e.g. change with "3" or "4". Would it help?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Changing the values in that part of the file didn't help with the audio problem. The interesting thing about this is that this problem doesn't occur on the 32-bit version of JPCSP. The video plays smoothly with the audio correctly aligned on the 32-bit version while it has some stuttering on the 64-bit version at the opening video.

For the sake of comparison, here is a video of each version running the opening video.
JPCSP v0.7 a467b1e (32-bit) - YGOTF6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-7BgchXivg
JPCSP v0.7 a467b1e (64-bit) - YGOTF6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLjNUo9YwWs

The External Software Renderer is the better graphics backend to use for this game series since the cards shown are perfectly aligned. However, the 32-bit version of the External Software Renderer doesn't seem to work with JPCSP since it crashes the emulator as soon as one of the options in the Title Screen is pressed. The only graphics problem is that the card has horizontal lines that appear near the top border of the card image (1st - 5th Screenshot, circled in red).

.zip   Log_a467b1e(32bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 25.15 KB / Downloads: 85)
.zip   Log_a467b1e(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 341.11 KB / Downloads: 100)
This game was tested with revision 2a878aa. These are the following issues that need to be fixed:

1) Compiler Performance (Modifying the Maximum Method Size doesn't improve performance at all.)
2) Cards not being displayed correctly during Duels (Check this post pertaining to another game in the series for more information. With OpenGL, cards that are summoned in a certain way will be displayed completely black and the card height is shorter. Card animations are also not properly shown in the game. Using the External Software Renderer, every card has two horizontal lines sticking out at each end of the top picture border. I'm not sure if it will help, but I provided a GE Capture of an instance where the card being displayed is black while using OpenGL.)
3) Occasional audio problems (Audio cracks or stutters at the beginning when the game boots and when the game plays the opening video which was mentioned in my previous post in this topic.)

These are the following lines I added to LogSettings.xml:
Code:
<logger name='hle.sceDisplay'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.IoFileMgrForUser'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.scePsmfPlayer'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>

I added these lines to the Log Settings since the following appeared in the log:
Code:
21:05:08  WARN hle.sceDisplay - GUI - hleDisplaySetGeBuf topaddr=0x04000000, bufferwidth=0, pixelformat=0 bad params
21:05:15  WARN hle.IoFileMgrForUser - ehscript - hleIoIoctl cmd=0x04100001 indata=0x7FFFFFFF inlen=16 unsupported parameters
21:05:37  WARN hle.scePsmfPlayer - user_main - Unimplemented scePsmfPlayerSetTempBuf psmfPlayer=0x97808A0, tempBufAddr=0x09770880, tempBufSize=0x10000

.zip   Log_r2a878aa(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 558.58 KB / Downloads: 93)
.7z   GE Capture (OpenGL) - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6.7z (Size: 1,020.38 KB / Downloads: 77)
(02-27-2016, 09:33 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: This game was tested with revision 2a878aa. These are the following issues that need to be fixed:

1) Compiler Performance (Modifying the Maximum Method Size doesn't improve performance at all.)
Is the performance better using the external software renderer?
The performance is about the same between OpenGL and the External Software Renderer.
This game was tested with r31f4f07. Some minor issues still occur while playing this game on JPCSP. The audio still stutters on the 64-bit version of the emulator during the first few seconds of the opening video. This message appears on the log during the opening video:
Code:
01:40:35  WARN hle.scePsmfPlayer - user_main - Unimplemented scePsmfPlayerSetTempBuf psmfPlayer=0x97808A0, tempBufAddr=0x09770880, tempBufSize=0x10000

The main issue is how cards are displayed during duels. If the option "Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory" is disabled, the card is shown with the top section being cut off (1st Screenshot). If this option is enabled, the displayed card is black with the top section being cut off (2nd Screenshot). Only the External Software Renderer can display the top section of the card (3rd screenshot on Post #76 albeit with horizontal lines appearing from both ends being circled in red). hrydgard has mentioned that this issue could be a framebuffer size problem.

.zip   Log_r31f4f07(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 287.4 KB / Downloads: 85)