This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valkyria Chronices 2 [ULUS10515] Save data transfer from pre r3306 to new revisions
psp 
I haven't played VC2 for a while and the save data was left before the revisions made in the r3306 of JPCSP.
I tried to use the newest version on http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/ but like the r3306, the save data is treated as corrupted and the loading sequence is stuck in the delete corrupted save and detecting it.
One of the reasons why I stopped playing this game was because of the save issues with the r3306 and I just left it alone for a while expecting it to be fixed in later revisions. Please advise. Thanks.

I've tried turning crypto mode on and off in game and that just seemed to confuse the emulator. I also tried using the snapshot function to use the saved state as a way to transfer the data from the older revisions to the newer ones but that function is buggy and the graphics just goes haywire then it crashes. I've also looked for a way to encrypt/decrypt it using some programs, sadly, all the ones I've found are homebrews for the psp and I don't have one. I first played this game on my room mate's psp but he's living far away now and I just want to finish the game.

Yeah, can anyone just post a link to a r3304, r3324, r3325 and r3326 if you have any of those. Thanks.
It seams PARAM.SFO corrupted, what you need to do create a new PARAM.SFO using JPCSP.
(09-10-2014, 03:11 PM)onelight Wrote: It seams PARAM.SFO corrupted, what you need to do create a new PARAM.SFO using JPCSP.

So I need to use the newest revision, start VC2 then create a save then take the param.sfo and put it in the old save folder? Or am I hugely mistaken? Anyway, thanks for solving it for me.
(09-10-2014, 10:09 PM)Pa010 Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 03:11 PM)onelight Wrote: It seams PARAM.SFO corrupted, what you need to do create a new PARAM.SFO using JPCSP.

So I need to use the newest revision, start VC2 then create a save then take the param.sfo and put it in the old save folder? Or am I hugely mistaken? Anyway, thanks for solving it for me.
Yes, that's it .