This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How to make Metal Gear Solid 4 GOTP work on i7?
ps3 
Greetings,
First of all allow me to congratulate you guys on doing such nice work emulating a PS3.
I Understand that a PS3 or Playstation 3 comes with a Cell processor which is way to different and difficult from an Intel processor.

Now to my question. Is it possible to play advanced games like Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the patriots run on RPCS3 emulated by an equipped PC???

I am using an ASUS K95VJ-YZ139H containing an Intel i7 processor with 4 cores, 8GB Ram, 6TB SATA Harddisk, and Nvidia 2 or 1 GB (I am not sure) Graphic card.

I have seen and tried to understand this already published article here:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....ar+Solid+4

But I am not very technically intelligent and could not understand this article.

Can somebody please help me by providing step-by-step guidance on how to run MGS4GOTP on PC with i7 processor?
I know that it's possible because ppl have talked about make it run on strong machines. I just wish to know how???

Can anybody please help???

Also I have a second question:
When I put my MGS4GOTP Disc into above mentioned PC (Which has even a Blu-ray burner) it does not see /read disc at all.
May I ask what is wrong and why a legally purchased Blu-ray dual layer disc wont work on blu-ray burner???
And how to make it work???

I have tried to explain problem as detailed as I could, but this is my 1st article, so if I have missed out anything that may be of interest please shoot me a question.
So don't hesitate me to ask anything that may be of help. I usually answer as quick as I possible can.

On last thing.
I live in Norway and have a 1st generation and a 3rd generation cell processor based PS3. I know that 1st generation is far more valuable because it can run PS1 & PS2 games along with PS3 games, while generation 2 and 3 are designed to run PS3 games only, and of course you can buy additional same PS1 and PS2 games as a download at Sony's Online Playstation Store.
MGS4GOTP is also purchased in Norway and is compatible with 2 earlier mentioned Norwegian Purchased PS3s.
Is there a way to make MGS4 PS3 game /Blu-ray work and view on my PC.

I have tried to explain everything I could. Is there anything else I need to let you guys know please let me know.

Once more time GREAT JOB! And KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Thanks
Have a great day Smile
Lol this emulator is not ready for this game yet it wont work
No, it won't run on RPCS3 any time soon, and at the moment RPCS3 will not read Blu-Ray discs.
As others said you won't run MGS4 this year or probably even next, but in 2-3 years. But you can run tetris like games with really powerful Xeon or i7 processors @ 30fps, probably dipping a lot below that.
Hi Guys,
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me about this game.
If it is too early to emulate this game then what is this guy talking about?
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=158603
And especially here one guy claim to finish MGS4GOTP on RPCS3:

http://www.emucr.com/2011/11/rpcs3-svn-r29.html

Watch for post:
AnonymousNovember 20, 2011 at 5:45 PM

^ what are you talking about? i finished MGS4 with this emu, the only problem was playing it at -77 negative frame per second, took a while but i finally did it

I am confused. He says that he has finished MGS4 on RPCS3 while you guys say that it's too early.
Who should I trust?
Please help
Thanks

Have a great day
(09-02-2014, 07:54 PM)Themevictory Wrote: Hi Guys,

Watch for post:

^ what are you talking about? i finished MGS4 with this emu, the only problem was playing it at -77 negative frame per second, took a while but i finally did it

I am confused. He says that he has finished MGS4 on RPCS3 while you guys say that it's too early.
Who should I trust?
Please help
Thanks

Have a great day

How old are you 10 it is impossible to play so heavy games on this emulator you *** *** or you a *** ***
(09-02-2014, 07:54 PM)Themevictory Wrote: Hi Guys,

Watch for post:

Who should I trust?
Please help
Thanks

Have a great day

The first link is the official thread of the game on the forum and if you read it you will find out that the game is not even loadable.

The guy pretending to have finished MGS4 on RPCS3 was just joking Wink
Acer Aspire 5930G, Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
I have no idea what is going on in here, but 99,9 % of all PS3 games display absolutely nothing in rpcs3. The 0,01 % that do display something are games with primitive graphics, and they do so at absolutely unplayable frame rates. If you wan't to play MGS4 get a real PS3 or wait several years for rpcs3 to maybe improve. End of story, go home people.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(09-02-2014, 10:37 PM)ssshadow Wrote: I have no idea what is going on in here, but 99,9 % of all PS3 games display absolutely nothing in rpcs3. The 0,01 % that do display something are games with primitive graphics, and they do so at absolutely unplayable frame rates. If you wan't to play MGS4 get a real PS3 or wait several years for rpcs3 to maybe improve. End of story, go home people.

It's not thaat bad. It's probably more like 99% vs 0.9% vs 0.1% (games that actually sort of playable)
could someone close this thread? it starts to go off topic, the question has been answered and MGS4 wont run anytime soon anyway
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]