This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compiled without issue in Linux Mint
(08-13-2014, 10:04 PM)flashmozzg Wrote: Clock? If it's 6-core (3930) that might be the reason behind high fps.

According to the vendor docs it's a 3820, the 3920 being optional, but according to the processor itself ($ more /proc/cpuinfo) it's a 3630QM lol:

Code:
vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
cpu family    : 6
model        : 58
model name    : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
stepping    : 9
cpu MHz        : 1200.000
cache size    : 6144 KB
siblings    : 8
cpu cores    : 4
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 13
wp        : yes
bogomips    : 4789.00
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

GPU info:

controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK107GLM [Quadro K1000M] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 47
Kernel driver in use: nvidia

So it's fairly middle of the road for it's price range.
That performance is insane, and you "only" run a laptop 4c/8t i7. Someone on a desktop with a Ivy Bridge E 6 core at 4,5 ghz or something could probably get double the performance. (No, graphics card makes no difference at this point in time, if you look you will find it is probably in it's low power or sleep state while running rpcs3 Tongue )

I will test on Linux myself later today, hope other games see the same performance boost...
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
I can suspect different scheduler of linux working with really big amount of threads. I doubt there is any significant difference in single-thread games.
(08-14-2014, 09:58 AM)ssshadow Wrote: That performance is insane, and you "only" run a laptop 4c/8t i7. Someone on a desktop with a Ivy Bridge E 6 core at 4,5 ghz or something could probably get double the performance. (No, graphics card makes no difference at this point in time, if you look you will find it is probably in it's low power or sleep state while running rpcs3 Tongue )

I will test on Linux myself later today, hope other games see the same performance boost...

While you're at it, get it working on FreeBSD and try it vs Linux with nvidia drivers. (In my experience FBSD has been quite a bit faster.)

You know, if you have nothing better to do... Tongue
(08-14-2014, 09:58 AM)ssshadow Wrote: That performance is insane, and you "only" run a laptop 4c/8t i7. Someone on a desktop with a Ivy Bridge E 6 core at 4,5 ghz or something could probably get double the performance. (No, graphics card makes no difference at this point in time, if you look you will find it is probably in it's low power or sleep state while running rpcs3 Tongue )

Yep, the performance is just about double. (Clocked at 4.0GHz, anything higher unstable on laptop)

It ranges anywhere from 1-6fps.
Quote:Yep, the performance is just about double. (Clocked at 4.0GHz, anything higher unstable on laptop) It ranges anywhere from 1-6fps.

Holy smokes, for a devoted enough fan that's almost playable Tongue. And that appears to be running on Windows™®© .Very nice work devs.
(08-22-2014, 03:29 PM)StormFarther Wrote:
Quote:Yep, the performance is just about double. (Clocked at 4.0GHz, anything higher unstable on laptop) It ranges anywhere from 1-6fps.

Holy smokes, for a devoted enough fan that's almost playable Tongue. And that appears to be running on Windows™®© .Very nice work devs.

i think when the emu gets an recompiler the speeds will rise "for a devoted enough fan" to playable levels
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]