This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide to decrypt EDAT files
I have a problem after decrypt .edat it makes me that
LDR: E PPU[1] Thread (CPUThread)[0x02831160]EDAT: File has invalid NPD header.

What does that mean?
Upload you Log Here :
PC spec:
Windows 10 PRO X64 Insider 16.232
Amd Ryzen 1700X @3.8 ghz
MSI Core Frozr L
16 go Corsair Vengeance LPX PC4-25600 (3200MHz)
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
500 Go SSD Samsung 960 EVO M.2
(07-06-2014, 05:09 PM)AlexAltea Wrote:
(07-06-2014, 05:07 PM)Dante38490 Wrote: I have a problem after decrypt .edat it makes me that
LDR: E PPU[1] Thread (CPUThread)[0x02831160]EDAT: File has invalid NPD header.

What does that mean?

Nothing to worry about. The EDAT loader isn't fininished iirc. Hykem is the one working on that and he has some uncommited changes, so probably he will take care of that. Wink

Little Off topic what is up with recomplier?
(07-06-2014, 05:09 PM)AlexAltea Wrote: Nothing to worry about. The EDAT loader isn't fininished iirc. Hykem is the one working on that and he has some uncommited changes, so probably he will take care of that. Wink

Ah, so have to wait? ^ ^
Upload you Log Here :
PC spec:
Windows 10 PRO X64 Insider 16.232
Amd Ryzen 1700X @3.8 ghz
MSI Core Frozr L
16 go Corsair Vengeance LPX PC4-25600 (3200MHz)
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
500 Go SSD Samsung 960 EVO M.2
(07-06-2014, 05:31 PM)AlexAltea Wrote: Nothing particularly good... *sigh*

(On June 27th): [DH]'s computer broke once again and he might rewrite it from scratch on other machine.

Uh... backups? Or why didn't he just commit each days work to a separate branch on github like Nekotekina did with the SPU recompiler? Acts like a backup, if need be people can test on more games than his hard drive can ever carry, and it stops people from constantly asking for an eta...
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(07-06-2014, 06:04 PM)AlexAltea Wrote:
(07-06-2014, 05:49 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Uh... backups? Or why didn't he just commit each days work to a separate branch on github like Nekotekina did with the SPU recompiler? Acts like a backup, if need be people can test on more games than his hard drive can ever carry, and it stops people from constantly asking for an eta...

I totally agree. The data can still be retrieved (afaik the HDD is fine), so I assume the reason for rewriting the recompiler is avoiding mistakes done in the first implementation, but I think that even those "old mistakes" are relevant for the rest of developers as well. So yeah: In short, you are totally right, but I can't do anything about it. You guys can PM him about such things I guess. Wink

Is he even on this forum? I assume you speak on IRC or Skype or something? You should tell him that even if the recompiler he has now is crap and just runs a single homebrew even slower than the interpreter, he should just put it up in a new branch. You can't keep that amount of code to yourself and spend half a year optimizing, rewriting, optimizing again and rewriting again, because he will never be finished.

Also, design mistakes in development can be avoided if other developers have access to the code and can review it...
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(07-06-2014, 06:24 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(07-06-2014, 05:49 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Uh... backups? Or why didn't he just commit each days work to a separate branch on github like Nekotekina did with the SPU recompiler? Acts like a backup, if need be people can test on more games than his hard drive can ever carry, and it stops people from constantly asking for an eta...

I totally agree. The data can still be retrieved (afaik the HDD is fine), so I assume the reason for rewriting the recompiler is avoiding mistakes done in the first implementation, but I think that even those "old mistakes" are relevant for the rest of developers as well. So yeah: In short, you are totally right, but I can't do anything about it. You guys can PM him about such things I guess. Wink

Is he even on this forum? I assume you speak on IRC or Skype or something? You should tell him that even if the recompiler he has now is crap and just runs a single homebrew even slower than the interpreter, he should just put it up in a new branch. You can't keep that amount of code to yourself and spend half a year optimizing, rewriting, optimizing again and rewriting again, because he will never be finished.

Also, design mistakes in development can be avoided if other developers have access to the code and can review it...

+1 but if you notice your code is basically shit then you probably want to just start over with something more malleable.

I think the reason he didn't push changes to a public branch is so people would not get hyper and bug him about it or compile it and complain about things not working or merge it or whatever when it's not even finished. That's perfectly understandable.

He should have had a backup of the branch somewhere online, though.
(07-07-2014, 04:21 AM)derpf Wrote:
(07-06-2014, 06:24 PM)ssshadow Wrote:

+1 but if you notice your code is basically shit then you probably want to just start over with something more malleable.

He should have had a backup of the branch somewhere online, though.

This I agree with.

(07-07-2014, 04:21 AM)derpf Wrote: I think the reason he didn't push changes to a public branch is so people would not get hyper and bug him about it or compile it and complain about things not working or merge it or whatever when it's not even finished. That's perfectly understandable.

Maybe so, but as we have seen people will ask about it all time time anyway...

What do you want, test every single broken commit with no reason?