This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F [BLUS31319]
(10-08-2016, 11:03 PM)ElementalCyclone Wrote:
Quote:Use the PPU interpreter (fast one) and not the recompiler.

Well, surprisingly, it works, playable and i get 28+ fps, thanks ssshadow.

But even though i get 28+ fps, is it normal that the images and audio appear to be miss or skipped few frames and yet still appear slow at the same time ?

#A bit out of topic
So, ssshadow, why did you recommend me to use the Interpreter instead of Recompiler ? what is the difference between them ? is there any link or reference that i can read ?

The game is supposed run at exactly 30 fps on a real ps3. Less than that and things can happen as you see... That is just how the game is programmed.

The PPU recompiler is a work in progress and isn't very stable. It works for some games, but mostly crashes.

In very very very simple and general terms: A recompiler translates console machine code into native code for your own cpu and then executes that fast. The interpreter is just than, an interpreter. It looks at one instruction at a time and then does something appropriate. This is slower.

Lastly, do try with DX12 instead of Vulkan, it may or may not be faster.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F [BLUS31319] - by ssshadow - 10-09-2016, 12:08 AM