This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F [BLUS31319]
(10-08-2016, 11:03 PM)ElementalCyclone Wrote:
Quote:Use the PPU interpreter (fast one) and not the recompiler.

Well, surprisingly, it works, playable and i get 28+ fps, thanks ssshadow.

But even though i get 28+ fps, is it normal that the images and audio appear to be miss or skipped few frames and yet still appear slow at the same time ?

#A bit out of topic
So, ssshadow, why did you recommend me to use the Interpreter instead of Recompiler ? what is the difference between them ? is there any link or reference that i can read ?

The game is supposed run at exactly 30 fps on a real ps3. Less than that and things can happen as you see... That is just how the game is programmed.

The PPU recompiler is a work in progress and isn't very stable. It works for some games, but mostly crashes.

In very very very simple and general terms: A recompiler translates console machine code into native code for your own cpu and then executes that fast. The interpreter is just than, an interpreter. It looks at one instruction at a time and then does something appropriate. This is slower.

Lastly, do try with DX12 instead of Vulkan, it may or may not be faster.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(10-09-2016, 12:08 AM)ssshadow Wrote: Lastly, do try with DX12 instead of Vulkan, it may or may not be faster.

DX12 is cancer in this game, it has a major memleak, or something similiar, after a while it will stutter as hell, so much that fps will be like ~3

Also why is this game is in half-playable still?

@ElementalCyclone use Xaudio instead of crap OpenAl (that way sound will be ok)
PC: i5-4690K | RX 480 | 16GB RAM
(10-09-2016, 07:49 AM)Nezarn Wrote:
(10-09-2016, 12:08 AM)ssshadow Wrote: Lastly, do try with DX12 instead of Vulkan, it may or may not be faster.

Also why is this game is in half-playable still?

There is basically only one semi active person with mod rights from what I can see.

And then there are at least 3 threads for this game with the exact same result but different IDs. I think all of those should just be merged, I mean the different versions run identically. It makes no sense to spread out information in this case.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Hello I'm trying to get Project Diva F to work on the Rpcs3. What I actually got was the japanese version. This is the game code
BLJM60527

Now the version of RPCS3 I got is the latest (I think) which is v0.0.1-3-758f1bc

I have windows 10. Now I followed some instructions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5onbQOusYY

but after a few minutes of recompiling PPU executable, the game just shows a black screen with moving FPS and then this error comes out.

E {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x00010240]} 'cellFsStat' failed with 0x8001003a : CELL_ENOTMOUNTED

now the person on youtube used this version which the compatibility site also said to use (RPCS3 LLVM-aef5113d) I've been trying to find that, but I don't think this specific version is even available for download. Any help, please?
Post the full log file rpcs3.log, put it in a .zip and attach. For your own sanity test with PPU interpreter (fast) and then switch to LLVM when everything is ok.
(02-05-2017, 11:33 AM)ssshadow Wrote: Post the full log file rpcs3.log, put it in a .zip and attach. For your own sanity test with PPU interpreter (fast) and then switch to LLVM when everything is ok.

Is this what you needed? I also tried switching the settings to PPU interpreter fast but the same thing happened.

Attached Files
.rar   RPCS3.rar (Size: 25.94 KB / Downloads: 93)
(02-05-2017, 12:48 PM)jazjaz36 Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 11:33 AM)ssshadow Wrote: Post the full log file rpcs3.log, put it in a .zip and attach. For your own sanity test with PPU interpreter (fast) and then switch to LLVM when everything is ok.

Is this what you needed? I also tried switching the settings to PPU interpreter fast but the same thing happened.

The folder structure is messed up. Inside BLJM60527 make the folder PS3_GAME and put eveything (USRDIR etc) insde it, but right next to PS3_GAME put the file PS3_DISC.SFB.

So for example you should now have:
\BLJM60527\PS3_DISC.SFB
\BLJM60527\PS3_GAME\PARAM.SFO
\BLJM60527\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\BOOT.BIN
\BLJM60527\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\rom

And as this is a disc game the folder BLJM60527 itself should not be inside /dev_hdd0/, just put it wherever and use boot -> boot game.
(02-05-2017, 12:53 PM)ssshadow Wrote:

The folder structure is messed up. Inside BLJM60527 make the folder PS3_GAME and put eveything (USRDIR etc) insde it, but right next to PS3_GAME put the file PS3_DISC.SFB.

\BLJM60527\PS3_DISC.SFB

And as this is a disc game the folder BLJM60527 itself should not be inside /dev_hdd0/, just put it wherever and use boot -> boot game.

Oh wow! Thank you so much. It's finally booting! Sounds chappy though but at least its working. The reason the folders were a mess was because I followed these instructions.
REDACTED

I also actually got this japanese version by mistake. Since this is working now, I might as well try my luck getting the english version instead. As soon as I can try it out, I'll see if I will still get any problems by then.

Oh just one last question. I assume that since there are none of the earlier builds of rpcs3 for download that this latest build should be okay to use for all the compatible games on the list?

https://rpcs3.net/compatibility
(02-05-2017, 01:23 PM)jazjaz36 Wrote:

\BLJM60527\PS3_DISC.SFB

Oh wow! Thank you so much. It's finally booting! Sounds chappy though but at least its working. The reason the folders were a mess was because I followed these instructions.
REDACTED

I also actually got this japanese version by mistake. Since this is working now, I might as well try my luck getting the english version instead. As soon as I can try it out, I'll see if I will still get any problems by then.

Oh just one last question. I assume that since there are none of the earlier builds of rpcs3 for download that this latest build should be okay to use for all the compatible games on the list?

Those instructions are wrong. A disc game shouldn't be on the internal PS3 HDD... Also I hate hate hate how whoever wrote that isn't very clear about that rpcs3 0.0.1 will not run any "real games" (well).

Old builds can be found on https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rpcs3/history but you should always just use the latest version.

For audio problems, try changing between OpenAl/XAudio in settings.
(02-05-2017, 04:20 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 01:23 PM)jazjaz36 Wrote:

\BLJM60527\PS3_DISC.SFB

REDACTED

Those instructions are wrong. A disc game shouldn't be on the internal PS3 HDD... Also I hate hate hate how whoever wrote that isn't very clear about that rpcs3 0.0.1 will not run any "real games" (well).

Old builds can be found on https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rpcs3/history but you should always just use the latest version.

For audio problems, try changing between OpenAl/XAudio in settings.

you talking about a disc game as a "real game"? Well it does run them then.

oh yeah I did see this link. I tried downloading one but there doesn't seem to be a link. I assume that these have to be manually put together or something?

Okay thanks. Maybe the problem is with my own computer too. But considering that this even plays at all is a miracle.

And oh I assume that Project Diva f 2nd is still unplayable? Its not in this page as I recall.