This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
Sonic CD [NPEB00787]
i know what u are saying but its still bit of gamble, as each revision show different behaviour. for example rev 99th could work but 100th wouldn't and i will get another 50. i supose u might have right but its still a little bit of gamble.
(06-23-2014, 02:35 PM)AlexAltea Wrote: Given N releases, locating a regression takes at most log2(N) tests, locating the *last* regression takes at most N tests.

But located regression could be fixed in next commits. And then, reappear again (possibly for a different cause).
(06-23-2014, 12:48 PM)ssshadow Wrote: c01b5fb? That would be this issue then... I will reopen that issue.

Also, you didn't have to test all revisions. What you do is for example, let's say we have 100 revisions, 1,2,3... 99,100.

You test rev. 1 and confirm the game is broken. Then you test rev. 100 and confirm the game works. Then you test rev. 50. If the game works in rev. 50 you only need to look at revisions 2-49, because it had to break there, and not before it. If the game doesn't work you only need to look at revisions 51-99, again because you already know everything after 50 is also broken.

So let's say the game didn't work. You again test some revision in the middle of 51-99, like 75, and keep doing this, drastically speeding up the test process.

Just to be clear, git has a tool specifically for this: git bisect.
Guys, I just explained how an end user can look for regressions easily by explaining the principle, and not bring up big O notation or installing git... Wink
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(06-24-2014, 11:30 AM)ssshadow Wrote: Guys, I just explained how an end user can look for regressions easily by explaining the principle, and not bring up big O notation or installing git... Wink

Nobody brought up Big O notation. log2(N) is just a normal expression. And using git bisect is an example of how developers tackle this, and how anyone should if they wanted to do it.
i don't want be pain in arse but i still can't see sonic not working as issue at github - just to remind u if u forgot as u might have more important things to do.
(06-25-2014, 09:47 AM)metallicafor Wrote: i don't want be pain in arse but i still can't see sonic not working as issue at github - just to remind u if u forgot as u might have more important things to do.

you know that if there is a regression in the emu and because of it a game wont run like it used to, chances are that more games will behave the same as this game. Its not about fixing this game, its about fixing the regression that will help other games too.
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
its good to know. i just want this project to progress.

i don't want be pain in arse but i still can't see sonic not working as issue at github - just to remind u if u forgot as u might have more important things to do.
i know it didnt work but we have three new errors in E
{PPU[2] Thread (Callback)[0x00e15004]} Exception: Access violation: addr = 0x1
E {PPU[235] Thread (AUTOSAVE[0x00e0f0a0]}DynamicMemoryBlock::Free(addr=0x0): failed
plus jit must be enable
this is happening when u try get in game but there is significant increase in fps in menu approx 25%
just to let u know
Good News, Now Game Save works Perfectly
http://youtu.be/mdBwu6LB8Jo

So now everything works perfectly, only remaining problem, the sounds of music crackling.

PS : This topic is moved into Playable.
Upload you Log Here :
PC spec:
Windows 10 PRO X64 Insider 16.232
Amd Ryzen 1700X @3.8 ghz
MSI Core Frozr L
16 go Corsair Vengeance LPX PC4-25600 (3200MHz)
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
500 Go SSD Samsung 960 EVO M.2