This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
Sonic CD [NPEB00787]
Same Game US

Video :3
http://youtu.be/pQfNydDRd24
Upload you Log Here :
PC spec:
Windows 10 PRO X64 Insider 16.232
Amd Ryzen 1700X @3.8 ghz
MSI Core Frozr L
16 go Corsair Vengeance LPX PC4-25600 (3200MHz)
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
500 Go SSD Samsung 960 EVO M.2
wooah
very nice Smile
Intel Core2 Duo p7350 (2Ghz)
Geforce 9600M GT

Sorry for my bad english I'm french ^^
Hi, plz check if this issue is only with me, but when i want to get ingame, the emu crashes. I can get into the main menu just fine, select new game and select the character, i wait for a bit, there is a black screen and then the emu crashes.
Here is the log:

Attached Files
.rar   RPCS3.rar (Size: 5.82 KB / Downloads: 122)
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
Did it crash in older build ? or just recent build issue
i didnt test it in a while, so i cant tell you when it started to crash
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
it is a crash i doesnt work even if u open a pkg
Crashes here as well... Finding which commit broke it is not going to be fun, it was probably two months, if not more, since I last tested.

Would anyone like to volunteer? Tongue
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
i will do it
the result u gonna have very late in evening or even tomorrow

for the start revision 69cb834 will crash sonic after u press enter. revision 6bf4695 will let go into menu, but i will keep investigate
ok i have finally found the working revision, which is 1efa137 (64th revision back assuming u have got 185 revisions). Of course first revision which doesn't work is c01b5fb. I have chceked all that revisions and i have to say that some of them will allow
u to get to menu and some of them crashing emu after u press enter, when sonic character will appear. There are even some which will crash straight away after start.

(06-23-2014, 12:29 PM)metallicafor Wrote: ok i have finally found the working revision, which is 1efa137 (64th revision back assuming u have got 185 revisions). Of course first revision which doesn't work is c01b5fb. I have chceked all that revisions and i have to say that some of them will allow
u to get to menu and some of them crashing emu after u press enter, when sonic character will appear. There are even some which will crash straight away after start.
i also have to add that this project is becoming very big and i think u need more testers as amount of things rpcs3 can run is increasing and soon it will be difficult to hunt the errors down as it took me literally better part of the day, just to find last working revision, which is able to run sonic hedgehock. i hope that will help. thats my little contribution i hope it will help. good luck guys.
c01b5fb? That would be this issue then... I will reopen that issue.

Also, you didn't have to test all revisions. What you do is for example, let's say we have 100 revisions, 1,2,3... 99,100.

You test rev. 1 and confirm the game is broken. Then you test rev. 100 and confirm the game works. Then you test rev. 50. If the game works in rev. 50 you only need to look at revisions 2-49, because it had to break there, and not before it. If the game doesn't work you only need to look at revisions 51-99, again because you already know everything after 50 is also broken.

So let's say the game didn't work. You again test some revision in the middle of 51-99, like 75, and keep doing this, drastically speeding up the test process.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)