This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PSN emulation thought.
Hi there,
I know its been too early to discuss this matter. But have you thought about it already? Is this like "hacking every game and reverse them to work"??!! How can we get around with it. Any thought?
(05-16-2014, 07:18 PM)gamenoob Wrote: Hi there,
I know its been too early to discuss this matter. But have you thought about it already? Is this like "hacking every game and reverse them to work"??!! How can we get around with it. Any thought?

Emulator don't for games ...
And "hacking every game and reverse them to work", WTF?
You're the second person who says such nonsense ...

(I hope I have correctly put it. Apologies for Google Translate*)
In theory you work on the ps3 hardware and software to make all games work. In practice you will probably, at least of a while, find some game specific settings to work around nasty bugs. You can see this in ppsspp, and for the longest time also pcsx2 (though barely anymore). But no, you don't hack every game.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Well, probably you don't understand me properly. Let me be clear.

Some title use some sort of system link to access other ps3. All game data/logic/interaction happens mostly between ps3s. This kind of system should be easy to emulate, as all game follow similar way.

Now the other way. There are some server(psn) applications which run and provide data/logic to client ps3s. Now these server application should vary with games. Say fifa10 ps3 version's psn application is different from call of duty's. So to work on each game, we have to reverse each game's online feature. Let me give you another example. In case ubisoft's DRM system, player must be online to play. Lets say I play prince of persia. When prince is near to a door, a command goes to server. Server application reacts and sends some logic back to a game(for which client ps3 is waiting). When game receives it, it works accordingly. If the logic is ok then door will open or it will not. So to work on this problem, we have to analyze this game and reverse it. I am talking about this problem. I hope you got it.
(05-17-2014, 08:16 AM)gamenoob Wrote: Well, probably you don't understand me properly. Let me be clear.

Some title use some sort of system link to access other ps3. All game data/logic/interaction happens mostly between ps3s. This kind of system should be easy to emulate, as all game follow similar way.

Now the other way. There are some server(psn) applications which run and provide data/logic to client ps3s. Now these server application should vary with games. Say fifa10 ps3 version's psn application is different from call of duty's. So to work on each game, we have to reverse each game's online feature. Let me give you another example. In case ubisoft's DRM system, player must be online to play. Lets say I play prince of persia. When prince is near to a door, a command goes to server. Server application reacts and sends some logic back to a game(for which client ps3 is waiting). When game receives it, it works accordingly. If the logic is ok then door will open or it will not. So to work on this problem, we have to analyze this game and reverse it. I am talking about this problem. I hope you got it.

No, you just emulate the network layer and it does its thing, connecting to the real servers. Like a real PS3 does.
I guess he means emulating those real servers once they're long gone
(05-17-2014, 02:23 PM)Ashe Wrote: I guess he means emulating those real servers once they're long gone

Exactly. There is another point too. You have seen the ban wave for using CFW. What if similar situation happens for using rpcs3. Of course its a long way road, emulator is in early stage, but one day we might want to think about it.
(05-17-2014, 02:28 PM)gamenoob Wrote:
(05-17-2014, 02:23 PM)Ashe Wrote: I guess he means emulating those real servers once they're long gone
You have seen the ban wave for using CFW. What if similar situation happens for using rpcs3.

Iw on't happen because CFW and rpcs3 emu are totally different things.
@AlexAltea: He wasn't asking about multiplayer. See this post. Don't know wheather PS3 games has such DRM. It remind me ("uncrackable") DRM which was brought by Ubisoft to PC with Uplay in Silent Hunter 5 and Assassin’s Creed 2. Later removed becouse was cracked...
Hope you are right about that. It seemed to me that he described DRM which required PS3 to be online to play singleplayer. I am just amazed by what you are doing here and don't know anythink about PS3 and it's DRM