This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release of External Software Rendering for JPCSP
(04-28-2014, 09:09 AM)pal1000 Wrote: I decided to give a try to this experimental, brand new full software renderer and ignoring the fact that is terribly slow I found some problems with it. JPCSP crashes and drags Java with it when entering a random battle in FFIV CC (ULUS120560) in the latest JPCSP and software renderer revisions. Also, the text from menus is missing except for the game startup menu.

I attached the game save data and the crash dumps. I started The After Years and played until I got control on the world map.

I used the 32-bit SSE 4.1 variant running with JPCSP r3506 x86 and Java 8 Update 5 x86. I can't use AVX2 being unsupported by my CPU and it is also a 64-bit only variant and thus would require 64-bit Java and JPCSP. It's too much hassle to deal with making the effort unsuitable.
@gid15: we'd better to let dump a vertex decoder binary file with the base address in the name whenever one is generated. That way, if a crash occurs, we'll see if the exception occurs inside and why.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Release of External Software Rendering for JPCSP - by hlide - 05-08-2014, 11:55 PM