This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
PS3 Games
Hi guys,Smile I am new to the forum and I have a question. Sorry, if my question is stupid, but will my PC be EVER able to play basic 2D PS3 games with a steady speed.
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 Double Dissipation 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (4 x 2 GB Dual Channel)
(03-19-2014, 08:07 PM)mixdix123 Wrote: Hi guys,Smile I am new to the forum and I have a question. Sorry, if my question is stupid, but will my PC be EVER able to play basic 2D PS3 games with a steady speed.
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 Double Dissipation 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (4 x 2 GB Dual Channel)

you can play them now, just the speed will suck, but once the recompiler is finished, you will
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
With a recompiler you can expect about a 10 times the performance increase. If you can get about 6 fps now, the answer is probably yes. Roughly speaking. Lets say 10 fps now to be on the safe side.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Thank you for your answers. For now my PC runs Arkedo Series at max about 4 FPS when playing(about 20 FPS in intro), which would mean that I could get at least playbale FPS. Lets hope that the project will be a succsess like PCSX2 and Dolphin emulator.
(03-19-2014, 08:34 PM)mixdix123 Wrote: Thank you for your answers. For now my PC runs Arkedo Series at max about 4 FPS when playing(about 20 FPS in intro), which would mean that I could get at least playbale FPS. Lets hope that the project will be a succsess like PCSX2 and Dolphin emulator.

disable write depth buffer and write color buffers
you should disable log all syscalls too.
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
(03-19-2014, 08:52 PM)Ekaseo Wrote:
(03-19-2014, 08:34 PM)mixdix123 Wrote: Thank you for your answers. For now my PC runs Arkedo Series at max about 4 FPS when playing(about 20 FPS in intro), which would mean that I could get at least playbale FPS. Lets hope that the project will be a succsess like PCSX2 and Dolphin emulator.

disable write depth buffer and write color buffers
you should disable log all syscalls too.

I had already disabled them before.
if u want to see the difference b/w recompiler and interpreter use pcsx2 ur speed and fps will fall neatly ten folds
Thanks aniruddh for the info. But what does everybody else think about that article: http://slashdot.org/topic/cloud/the-ques...emulators/
Do you guys think that it is really possible. I have also found a open GitHub PS4 project: https://github.com/ghaststeam/PS4EMX
But i do not know if its fake or legit.
i think xbox one and ps4 emulation is possible but not in recent years
Well since it's AMD and PC like i would say yes it's real.
i7 3930K Overclocked 4.7 Ghz
X2 R9 295X2
32GB DDR3 Ram Overclocked 3000 MHz
Asus Sabertooth X79
XSPC Raystorm EX560 Extreme Water Cooling Kit
4K monitor
Corsair RGB Mouse and keyboard
Best Sound System by Sony

Late Late 2015 Updated my specs Smile