This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GCM commands
could i plz ask some1 to implement only one gcm function, cellGcmsetTexture_BorderColor? its the only function a game wants to display some output, it runs at stable 20fps. the games is Dustforce NPEB01878.

i believe that the game will run like arkedo series swap.
(to ask for spurs would be too much, but at least this one gcm command)
RolleyesRolleyesRolleyesRolleyesRolleyes
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
(03-17-2014, 01:26 PM)AlexAltea Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 01:21 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: could i plz ask some1 to implement only one gcm function? its the only function a game wants to display some output, it runs at stable 20fps. the games is Dustforce NPEB01878.

Yeah, yeah, I could check what this function does and implement it, but tell us what function are you talking about! Big Grin
I'm not going to buy another PSN game just to know its name.

EDIT: Nevermind, you already edited your post. Tongue Meh, I don't like that function... Anyone else interested on it?

some1 pretty please Rolleyes .
is it really such a pain?
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
(03-17-2014, 02:07 PM)Ekaseo Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 01:26 PM)AlexAltea Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 01:21 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: could i plz ask some1 to implement only one gcm function? its the only function a game wants to display some output, it runs at stable 20fps. the games is Dustforce NPEB01878.

Yeah, yeah, I could check what this function does and implement it, but tell us what function are you talking about! Big Grin
I'm not going to buy another PSN game just to know its name.

EDIT: Nevermind, you already edited your post. Tongue Meh, I don't like that function... Anyone else interested on it?

some1 pretty please Rolleyes .
is it really such a pain?

hahahaha,it could be.
And cellGcmSetZcullStatsEnable is probably the only thing keeping Disgaea 4 and D2 from running. The thing is, like AlexAltea said, the gcm stuff requires some pretty firm knowledge of how PS3 graphics works, and probably graphics in general. I don't think many people have the required know-how. Maybe DH or someone could do it, but they seem busy with other very important tasks.

tl;dr, give it time, someone will do it, eventually.

And another thing: Although random gcm commands and such may prevent a few games from going further right now, far bigger things prevent like 80 % of all games from even being loadable. That is probably more important, and maybe necessary even for most of the loadable games at some point. For example the event flag stuff that Nekotekina is working on now. It made Atelier Escha & Logy Alchemists of the Dusk Sky go from nothing to a white gsframe Smile
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
And just because it's the only thing showing as needed, things like this have a bad habit of you fixing one thing just to find out it's actually 100 more things that you need.
actually the border color function is not that important
its just to set the border color of a texture (if I remember correctly) and I'm pretty sure opengl doesn't supprt it (I'll try to check again)
anyway, its not that important because its only related to textures and it wont effect games like you think (i.e games will start because of it)
(03-17-2014, 06:31 PM)elisha464 Wrote: actually the border color function is not that important
its just to set the border color of a texture (if I remember correctly) and I'm pretty sure opengl doesn't supprt it (I'll try to check again)
anyway, its not that important because its only related to textures and it wont effect games like you think (i.e games will start because of it)
if you need information on ps3 api then this guy is a good place to start i`m not a programmer I just thought it might help Eric Lengyel
(03-17-2014, 06:31 PM)elisha464 Wrote: actually the border color function is not that important
i think OpenGL supports this function(in version 1.1, is this backward compatible?). It's used as a parameter of glTexParameter. It's named GL_TEXTURE_BORDER_COLOR.

Quote:GL_TEXTURE_BORDER_COLOR
Sets a border color. params contains four values that comprise the RGBA color of the texture border. Integer color components are interpreted linearly such that the most positive integer maps to 1.0, and the most negative integer maps to -1.0. The values are clamped to the range [0, 1] when they are specified. Initially, the border color is (0, 0, 0, 0).

source: here

maybe i could implement it, but i don't know where to put this (in GLGSRender.cpp near other glTexParameteri?) and how to dispatch it from RSXThread.
I'll do it, soon enough
but you are welcome to help if you see me slacking Tongue
(03-17-2014, 09:32 PM)kacek Wrote: maybe i could implement it, but i don't know where to put this (in GLGSRender.cpp near other glTexParameteri?) and how to dispatch it from RSXThread.

you can fork the repo and experiment with it