This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention: Noob here (Emulator crash)
Hi everyone! I have been paying attention to the project and decided i should test some games myself, however i havent succeed.

First there were some Dll missing but i got that fixed.

Now i tried to run some elfs: cube.elf and tetris.elf = emulator crashes
Then scogger HD (Homebrew) and the emulator crashes. ("Rpcs3.exe stopped working.")
Maybe this reason why i get this errors?: glEnable: opengl error 0x0500
(this was in the .log file)

Finally tried a comercial game: "This application requires a valid RAP file for decryption!"
Is there some file i have to get from original ps3...? I have a ps3 slim but it isnt hacked(It has official firmware)

Sorry for the stupid questions and keep the good work!

Thanks! Big Grin
(03-10-2014, 08:37 PM)rafaPS360gamer Wrote: Hi everyone! I have been paying attention to the project and decided i should test some games myself, however i havent succeed.

First there were some Dll missing but i got that fixed.

Now i tried to run some elfs: cube.elf and tetris.elf = emulator crashes
Then scogger HD (Homebrew) and the emulator crashes. ("Rpcs3.exe stopped working.")
Maybe this reason why i get this errors?: glEnable: opengl error 0x0500
(this was in the .log file)

Finally tried a comercial game: "This application requires a valid RAP file for decryption!"
Is there some file i have to get from original ps3...? I have a ps3 slim but it isnt hacked(It has official firmware)

Sorry for the stupid questions and keep the good work!

Thanks! Big Grin

What is your PC config? The openGL error you get when trying to run homebrew might be because of unsupported extension from your GPU/Driver. Also Nvidia v334.89 driver is known to crash in certain openGL aplications. I don't know if this is the case, as you didn't provided any info about your hardware.
The error could be caused by a bad compiled executable too. Did you compile it on your own, or did you download from somewhere else?

About the RAP file, is the file with the license for the game you're trying to run. It is needed for the emulator to run the game. And a decrypted key.edat file is also needed in order to run the game.
i will just add, that all .rap files should be placed in dev_usb000 folder, then the games will work just fine Smile
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
I'm currently on my laptop, here is the info:

Windows 7 64bits
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Intel core i5 - 2.6Ghz

(Yeah, my laptop specs are low but its 4years old xD)
(03-10-2014, 09:00 PM)rafaPS360gamer Wrote: I'm currently on my laptop, here is the info:

Windows 7 64bits
4GB RAM
Intel core i5 - 2.6Ghz

Those specs should work. I am fairly certain that you get the opengl error because the game is running on the integrated Intel graphics in the CPU and not the AMD card. An easy fix may be to rename rpcs3-x64.exe to crysis.exe Wink (This works for the common Intel/Nvidia combo, not sure about AMD, but if you don't know how to manually override the rename trick should hopefully work for you too)

Edit: and if you haven't in a while, download latest drivers from amd.com.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(03-10-2014, 09:00 PM)rafaPS360gamer Wrote: I'm currently on my laptop, here is the info:

Windows 7 64bits
4GB RAM
Intel core i5 - 2.6Ghz

As stated by ssshadow, maybe you're using your Intel iGPU for rendering, and it lacks some OpenGL extensions, and that causes errors like the one you have. You said you have an i5 2.6Ghz, but you need to provide a little more. Run CPU-Z so we know what CPU you actually have. You can download it from here:

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/1.68-en.zip

If you happen to have an Intel iGPU, you may disable it in the BIOS of your laptop. But if you can't disable it, the renaming trick could work. Your HD 5470 is capable to run the emulator fine.
It should be noted that disabling it is horrible for battery life though. Seriously, rename to crysis.exe will with 95 percent certainty fix it. Takes 3 seconds, just do it and report back.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Drivers: Updated!
CPU: i5 480M
Tried the rename thing... same problem :/

Thanks for the help!
(03-11-2014, 08:52 PM)rafaPS360gamer Wrote: Drivers: Updated!
CPU: i5 480M
Tried the rename thing... same problem :/

Thanks for the help!

OK, well, confirm in the windows device manager that both the Intel and AMD graphics are present. Then google how to manually make rpcs3 run on the AMD card.
Still couldnt get nothing to run.. Sad
Anyways tomorrow i'll try it in another PC.

Thanks for the help!