This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Persona 3 Portable(USA)
when i try to run this iso file, the following code is shown and the game wont load
Code :
5862 [GUI] INFO misc - Jpcsp v0.3
5864 [GUI] INFO misc - UMD param.sfo :
APP_VER = 01.00
BOOTABLE = 1
CATEGORY = UG
DISC_ID = ULUS10512
DISC_NUMBER = 1
DISC_TOTAL = 1
DISC_VERSION = 1.00
HRKGMP_VER = 19
PARENTAL_LEVEL = 9
PSP_SYSTEM_VER = 6.20
REGION = 32768
TITLE = Persona3 PORTABLE
USE_USB = 0
probably homebrew? false
6141 [GUI] INFO misc - Unrecognized file format
6143 [GUI] INFO misc - File magic 00 00 00 00
6257 [GUI] INFO misc - Found ModuleInfo name:'Prometheus Loader' version:0100 attr:00001000 gp:08808fa0
6258 [GUI] WARN misc - Kernel mode module detected
6260 [GUI] INFO misc - Found 16 imports from 8 modules
6261 [GUI] INFO misc - Found 6 exports
6261 [GUI] WARN misc - Failed to map import at 0x08800778 [0xA1A78C58] (attempt 1)
6262 [GUI] WARN misc - Failed to map import at 0x08800780 [0x1C90BECB] (attempt 1)
6263 [GUI] WARN misc - Failed to map import at 0x088007C0 [0xC0AB8932] (attempt 1)
6264 [GUI] WARN misc - Failed to map import at 0x088007C8 [0x10F3BB61] (attempt 1)
6264 [GUI] INFO misc - 12 NIDS mapped
6264 [GUI] INFO misc - 4 remaining unmapped NIDS
6282 [GUI] INFO hle - pspiofilemgr - filepath disc0/
6282 [GUI] INFO misc - Loading global compatibility settings
6283 [GUI] INFO ge - Only GE Graphics: false
6283 [GUI] INFO hle - Audio ChReserve disabled: false
6284 [GUI] INFO hle - Audio muted: true
6285 [GUI] INFO hle - Audio Blocking disabled: false
6285 [GUI] INFO hle - Audio threads disabled: false
6292 [GUI] INFO memory - Ignore invalid memory access: false
6293 [GUI] INFO hle - Reserving thread memory: true
6294 [GUI] INFO hle - WaitThreadEndCB enabled: false

anyone solution?
Don't download any game ! We don't like piracy !
(07-21-2010, 11:27 AM)Orphis Wrote: Don't download any game ! We don't like piracy !

Oo how do u know he dl it. ....i cant find anything in his post that makes it seem like a dl it.
One more time!
(07-26-2010, 04:27 AM)beanclr Wrote:
(07-21-2010, 11:27 AM)Orphis Wrote: Don't download any game ! We don't like piracy !

Oo how do u know he dl it. ....i cant find anything in his post that makes it seem like a dl it.

Well, I think Orphis just assumed it because the ISO uses the Prometheus module so I too ASSUME the OP got that from the net
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(07-26-2010, 06:16 AM)Darth1701 Wrote:

Well, I think Orphis just assumed it because the ISO uses the Prometheus module so I too ASSUME the OP got that from the net

Oh, ok. I get it...I think. XD I suck when It comes to the techey side of some things. Wait if he got it from the net then how did he get eboot.bin then. =) See I found a hole in your theory.
One more time!
(07-26-2010, 09:47 AM)beanclr Wrote:

Oh, ok. I get it...I think. XD I suck when It comes to the techey side of some things. Wait if he got it from the net then how did he get eboot.bin then. =) See I found a hole in your theory.

I think he got his EBOOT.BIN the way he got the game, it was in the ISO! How else? It only loads the Prometheus module and I (and you) can't tell if the real EBOOT.BIN is decrypted too. Of course he all could have made everything by his own but I think the whole style of the post does not point in this direction. Wink

Please, just let us end this pointless discussion.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(07-26-2010, 09:59 AM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(07-26-2010, 09:47 AM)beanclr Wrote:

I think he got his EBOOT.BIN the way he got the game, it was in the ISO! How else? It only loads the Prometheus module and I (and you) can't tell if the real EBOOT.BIN is decrypted too. Of course he all could have made everything by his own but I think the whole style of the post does not point in this direction. Wink

Please, just let us end this pointless discussion.

Ok you win on account that the guy isn't defending himself Big Grin but one more thing. what is a Prometheus module. just some codes. =0
One more time!
If he used ISOTOOL 1.74 on his game dump he could of applied the prometheus 0.5 patch or the newer one to this iso, which is required for this game inorder to boot on a real psp in the newer firmwares, which i do not care for (I use 3.90 m33, downgraded after the poor experience with the newer firmwares for the phat model).

This game only gives me a blank screen, patched with prometheus or not. So I am interested in a little more detail from others users. I read in the older forum, which you guys say is dead, so I didn't bother to post there, that this game loops in the emulator. No i didn't bother to try an older version of the emulator. And if the older versions are better, then stop releasing updates LMAO.

Seriously, I got the game used from a friend, I traded x-men legends 2 for it. Not with the intention of playing on my PSP, although I dumped the game from the UMD, to try it on this emulator, I am not updating my firmware beyond 3.90 m33 (tough luck sony you suck - very disappointed in psp - 3000). If this game does not work in the emulator in about 1 month, i'm going to trade it in a gamestop for money with my drivers license and destroy the backup I made from my UMD.

EDIT

With all options disabled except for these "Use vertex cache", and the 2 "ignore" memory options checked. The game runs at 10fps on a black screen with no picture from the emulator. This is from me decrypting the eboot.bin file and swaping it with the boot.bin file. I also tried just decrypting the eboot.bin file, and i get 2fps with no picture still.

I cross referenced this with METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER. Which freezes at the intro, if you decrypt the eboot.bin file. On my psp with 3.90 m33 fw, and on the emulator. If i update my fw I know it will work.

My psp doesn't identify the both games when i swap the boot.bin and decrypted eboot.bin files for both games, and the emulator gives black screens for both games using this method. Meaning I cannot see the intro of MGS peace walker. using the 1768 build.

OKAY, SO THE EMULATOR basically is on par with 3.90 m33 fw up to this point with what games it can play.

QUESTION

I'm going to promethus patch my Persona 3 backup, because there are a few games I will update my fw for in the near future. And i wonder will this become a problem for the emulator in the future, or can is it possible to ignore a "promethus patch" in the future, via an option?

EDIT

I just realized Iso_Tool 1.74, may not be keeping the lba table intact when it rewrites the file with the decrypted eboot.bin. As the older decrypter tool does not work on the newer games. I'm going to have to dump the game again and double check the lba addresses, apologies, by my result for persona 3 may not be accurate LMAO. I'll report back zzzzz
The Conclusion to the GOSPEL. Is the giving of NEWLIFE. I am the olive tree and the candlestick, I will deliver this place out of EGYPT which is to say death, with the giving of MY TESTIMONY. And together with the testimony of BABYLON, one testimony for NEWLIFE. The SEAL will be removed and the NEWLIFE given
Why would we need to make it work with a patched ISO for pirates when you can just use an unpatched ISO instead ? We're not doing this to help people pirating games.
If you can apply the prometheus patch, you can also use a valid ISO. And if you can't play the game, you just have to buy a newer PSP and use it with your UMD. There's no absolute answer for every problem, and Jpcsp isn't here to palliate the PSP FW problems (or lack of money to buy the console and games).
(09-19-2010, 12:05 AM)Orphis Wrote: Why would we need to make it work with a patched ISO for pirates when you can just use an unpatched ISO instead ? We're not doing this to help people pirating games.
If you can apply the prometheus patch, you can also use a valid ISO. And if you can't play the game, you just have to buy a newer PSP and use it with your UMD. There's no absolute answer for every problem, and Jpcsp isn't here to palliate the PSP FW problems (or lack of money to buy the console and games).

Okay, I can confirm ISO TOOL 1.74 (i just updated to 1.75) does not modify the lba table when rewriting the decrypted file back into the dumped iso. This means we can avoid using umd-gen altogether for decrypting files LMAO. Also instead of using umd-gen, which you need to export file list to maintain lba when reintroducing files sometimes, WQSG_UMD Tool, It allows one to import files without having to worry about the lba issue. I should start a thread to discuss this as a tutorial. but... BACK TO TOPIC.

Actually NO, so far you do not need to buy a newer psp in order to play the newer games. Promethus Patch allows a user of an older firmware like 5.00 m33-6 to play the 6.10 - 6.30 ofw games, for the newer firmwares. YOU CAN DUMP A NEWER GAME ON AN OLDER FIRMWARE, BUT YOU JUST CAN'T PLAY THAT SAME GAME WITHOUT THE PROMETHUS PATCH APPLIED.. My suggestion had nothing to do with piracy, but to make the process more convient for people who dump from UMD games.

Well to be honest, I don't like to redump games, if i have 1 version of it stored somewhere, even on my psp LMAO. Instead, i'm going to make ZDELTA PATCHES for all my UMD BACKUPS, when i apply the PROMETHUS PATCH (last time i checked its 0.6 beta). No still no better results with Persona 3, and I can play this game on 5.00 m33-6 on my phat if i update from 3.90 m33. Which i believe i can do directly with dark-alex's update and a 5.00 ofw update file. I just don't care for the newer firmware, however I'll update again though.

Persona 3 is pants so far, until a new revision of the emulator. The original poster of this thread, was probably offended at the suggestion that he was into "piracy", and probably choose not to reply to this thread. Thats something i used to do, but its not the mature thing to do.

EDIT

If you like your homebrew apps like me, some apps don't work on newer firmware and some emulators bug out, then your likely a promethus patch user, although I'm not really interested in the newer games as of yet.

EDIT

I found out how to undo a prometheus patch, so that the game works with jpcsp emulator without redumping the game read the bottom of the first post in this thread

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2110 CLICK LINK
The Conclusion to the GOSPEL. Is the giving of NEWLIFE. I am the olive tree and the candlestick, I will deliver this place out of EGYPT which is to say death, with the giving of MY TESTIMONY. And together with the testimony of BABYLON, one testimony for NEWLIFE. The SEAL will be removed and the NEWLIFE given