This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emulation method like PPSSPP?
How about take a look at Dolphin Emulator's PowerPC recompilator?
(03-07-2014, 03:14 PM)Z-wing Wrote: How about take a look at Dolphin Emulator's PowerPC recompilator?

AlexAltea already has an experimental branch for a PPC recompiler: https://github.com/DHrpcs3/rpcs3/tree/ppu_recompiler

We know this feature will be mandatory in a near future, but right now it's not our main priority.
Please keep in mind RPCS3 was up to very recently a highly experimental emulator. We're only now reaching a more or less stable basis to begin working on performance oriented choices.
(03-07-2014, 11:36 PM)AlexAltea Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 11:29 PM)Hykem Wrote: AlexAltea already has an experimental branch for a PPC recompiler: https://github.com/DHrpcs3/rpcs3/tree/ppu_recompiler

We know this feature will be mandatory in a near future, but right now it's not our main priority.
Please keep in mind RPCS3 was up to very recently a highly experimental emulator. We're only now reaching a more or less stable basis to begin working on performance oriented choices.

Oh, that's [DH]'s branch. Tongue I don't dare to work in the recompiler until some draft is done. For now I'm just focusing on the autotests... Once [DH] uploads some prototype, I'd like to start implementing instructions.

Ahh, it's the old recompiler branch. xD
Sorry, I thought it was some new version.
(03-08-2014, 12:03 AM)AlexAltea Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 11:45 PM)Hykem Wrote: Ahh, it's the old recompiler branch. xD
Sorry, I thought it was some new version.

Well, it is as far as I know. At least it appeared two weeks ago. Big Grin
I'm really looking forward for the first changes there.

Yes, I believe DH already had this planned for a while. When recompilation is implemented we will certainly see a very nice performance boost. Wink
(03-07-2014, 02:05 PM)Schemer Wrote: I was think first is DaSH (or potemkin). In About dialog: "Copyright © by Henrik Rydgard 2004-2006". Who return in 2012 as PPSSPP.
Potemkin Alpha: _http://rghost.ru/52887151
This emu can run only one commercial game.
sorry for my bad English
I wasn't considering prior psp emulators which could not run several commercial games. And I still consider pspplayer was the first to offer a full and clean HLE orientation.