This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Specs for RPCS3 in the future?
ok, you can stop pulling theories out of your fingers, you cant compare the necesary hardware in years like for the previous emulators, the technology is rapidly evolving, and these are only speculations when the hardware will be good enough
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
(03-04-2014, 11:06 PM)AlexAltea Wrote: That's a hard question, I cannot even estimate those values, that depends on what we do in future releases. But I guess we can confirm some things for the future:

64-bit CPU with the AVX-512 extensions, and I guess it should have at least 8 cores (well, maybe this value is too low). About it's speed, I don't know, it seems Intel and AMD guys are stuck with CPUs under 4 GHz, which could be a problem.

We discussed an idea some time ago to reduce the CPU load (in the future of course) by using the GPU to perform float computations done by the SPUs, that would be extremly difficult to implement but I think could be done. The point is that the GPU is already busy drawing shit on the screen, which leads us to possible solution:
A) Threw the whole idea to trash and hope for faster CPUs.
B) Suffer incredibly amount of pain implementing this and requiring 2 *fast* GPUs running in parallel.
imagine a CPU that's 3 times as fast as today's fastest CPU, and it costs like 10k dollars when it launches in 10 yrs and could reach theoretical clock speeds of up to 155 Ghz, don't say i'm an idiot, i'm just hopeful the industry sheds some light on these new materials and their insane potential...
The only PCs that could run GTA V in RPCS3 emulators are supercomputers like that one: http://www.top500.org/system/177999
or maybe quantum computers. To bad that they cost over million or maybe billion dollars. But I have somewhere read that our recent PC have overpowered the past supercomputers, so maybe in about 5 to 10 years we will be able to play 3D games.